MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall I am pleased with my M&P Compact 9 but here is my wish list, how about yours?

1. Stiffer magazine release

2. Wider variety of after-market sights sold

3. OEM Parts sold to the consumer - the simple stuff we should be able to do at home

4. Maybe a +1 extension

And oh yeah, hurry up S&W on introducing that .357 Sig compact (that's the one I want!
)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I would be asking for a .45c

·
Registered
471 Posts
Kraigster414, the M&P pistols are relatively new still. Give it some time. All of your wishes may come true. The Warren Tactical rear sight is a very nice sight, now!

Ron

·
Registered
37 Posts
Better grip surface texture and serrations on the trigger face. Grip could have been a hair more wider. But other than that, it is good enough for me.

I'll wind up blackening out the rear sight dots and get a fiber optic front sight.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Include TWO of the pinkie extension baseplates and TWO of the flat baseplates with each gun. That way the owner can decide which he/she prefers and then equip both of the magazines shipped with the gun to their liking.

Right now I only feel that I have one magazine to use with my 40c because I'm still waiting on S&W to figure out which extension is the right one for my second, flat-bottomed mag.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am 6'2" with hands larger than most of my friends of the same size. My fingers do not fit on the "pinky extender", so I am not as comfortable with it as I would like. It seems that S&W went straight to the "subcompact" size, akin to the Glock 26, instead of the "slightly smaller" version, akin to the Glock 19.

According to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_W...Semi-automatic)

The fullsize M&P is 5.5 inches high, whereas the compact is 4.3 inches. The Glock 19's height is 5.0 inches, the Glock 26 is 4.17 inches.

I'd like to see an S&W M&P that's 4.9-5.1 inches high, as a mix of concealability and better controllability.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How about:

Longer grip (putting less pressure on the palm of the hand), and a thinner slide (how is a 9mm called a "compact" when it is thicker than a full-size 1911 .45ACP).

Thats pretty much what has kept me from buying one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
10MM

Everything a 357 sig wants to be, and 40 cal is not up to doing. More kinetic energy at 100 yards then a 45ACP has at the muzzle.

What's not to love about a 200 grain 10mm/40cal bullet zipping along about 1650fps, no double & triple taps required.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kraigster414 said:
Don't hold your breath Old Navy.
I'm not, but then I have a EAA Tanfogilo "Witness Wonder Finish" in 10mm and it has beaten Kimber P14 and a G21 in a shoot for bullet placement twice. The Witness is a fantastic bargin and the slide to frame ft and triggers rivial Kimber Customs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A plus 2 extension would be nice. Maybe Pearce Grips will make one if the M&P9c is popular enough. 14+1 in a compact frame would b nice.

Hub

·
Registered
23 Posts
Less expensive magazines would be nice.

I also don't care for the peep-hole. I'd prefer a loaded chamber indicator that you can utilize by feel, instead.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts