MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but according to this statement wouldn't have this made the purchase of these pistols illegal? I'd be will to be that he probably fraudently wrote no in the box 8 (I believe it is) on his application.

State police, meanwhile, revealed that in December 2005, Cho was declared "mentally ill and in need of hospitalization" and posed "an imminent danger," according to a temporary detention order issued by a Virginia district court.

In November and December 2005, two women complained to campus police that they had received calls and computer messages from Cho, but they considered the messages "annoying," not threatening, and neither pressed charges, Virginia Tech Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said.

Neither woman was among the victims in the massacre, police said.

Around the same time, one of Cho's professors informally shared some concerns about the young man's writings, but no official report was filed, Flinchum said.

The chief said he was not aware of any other contact between Cho and police after those episodes.

Court documents show that on Dec. 13, 2005, a Montgomery County District Court judge ordered Cho undergo mental evaluation at Carilion St. Albans Hospital.

The judge issued an order temporary detention order on the grounds that Cho was "mentally ill and in need of hospitalization, and presents an imminent danger to self or others as mental illness, or is seriously mentally ill as to be substantially unable to care for self, and is incapable of volunteering or unwilling to volunteer for treatment."

The order, obtained by FOX News, also includes findings from a Dec. 14 physician's examination that, briefly, shows a patient who is "flat and mood is depressed. He denies suicidal intentions. He does not acknowledge symptoms of a thought disorder. His insight and judgment are normal."

A box on the order is checked as follows: "Presents an imminent danger to himself as a result of mental illness." The very next box, which is not checked, reads: "Presents an imminent danger to others as a result of mental illness."

The next day, according to court records, a special justice approved outpatient treatment for Cho.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sounds like it if reporting is correct.

Check yourself in, you are ok to say no. You are comitted, you are supposed to fill in yes.

I suspect beyond trying to push things like HR1022 which will fail, some of the gun control issues will have legs.

Like including medical records in NICS.

Like disallowing purchase of firearms by resident aliens.

Might also see some bills floating parts of the AWB ala carte, like mag capacity.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be perfectly honest I don't believe that it wouldn't matter if he had 17rd clips or 10rd clips, it would have most likely still been the same consequences. I think that it is just ignorance on part of the antis that they would even believe that mag capacity would ever make a difference.

·
Registered
501 Posts
jackal99 said:
To be perfectly honest I don't believe that it wouldn't matter if he had 17rd clips or 10rd clips, it would have most likely still been the same consequences. I think that it is just ignorance on part of the antis that they would even believe that mag capacity would ever make a difference.

Most DON'T believe it would, but one must do what one can. Those that do believe so are potential buyers for bridges (Brooklyn comes to mind) and always have been.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts