MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK -- My mind is made, I will be getting the full size 9mm tonight.

I have seen posted here all kinds of promotions like free magazines and bags from S&W... what do I need to do to make sure I get these "goodies"?

I also noticed on the S&W website that they have models with "Int Lock" and ones without... What is it? and why would I need it?

Thanks in advance --

FD

·
Registered
132 Posts
First you'll need 3 copies of your recipt. Two of them you will be sending to Smith for your free range bag and two mags. The third would be for you own records, of course. You will also need to go to www.smithandwesson.com to download and print out the forms for the freebies. The mag form is easily found there, but I think the bag form is a bit more hidden. Just do a search on this forum and someone has already posted the URL to this page.

The "Int Lock" is the internal locking mechanism option for the M&P. This allows you to lock down the weapon with a small key, and it is located above the palmswell on the frame. Most here would advise you to not have this option due to the possibilty of complicating a bad situation, but if you really want it, I'm sure its a good safety feature if you need it.

Whatever features you get, enjoy that thing buddy.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well the post above answered the question. I personally got every option on my M&P40c I could including the internal lock, knowing that I may never use it. I'm an options man, what can I say. In that off situation that I'm somewhere with little kids, and there's no safer way to store my weapon, I still have the option to lock it down with the internal lock. Like I said, I can't imagine any situation I'd use it in, but I like the option.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Most importantly, you need to have pics posted after your range report... :wink:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I live in CA and have to have the lock i think. its a nice feature to have if you have kids around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your input. I got my new 9mm yesterday.

If my experience with it is any different than the ones posted by others, I will post my thoughts on the forum.

FD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts