MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...piece of paper that says I have a deposit on a 9mm M&P carry kit w/o the mag disconnect at my local gun shop.

I went out and shot the M&P, G34, and P226. By the end of 300 rounds between them all, I was still impressed with the feel of the M&P and my patterns had tightened up quite a bit.

My dealer doesn't stock the carry kit, actually had never heard of it "must be really new" they said. Last time they ordered a M&P without the mag disconnect it took 90 days to get in stock.

I hope I'm not in for a super long wait. The shop is a very good sized gun dealer, and I'd rather buy local. I do see there are dealers online who have the gun in stock. Might go that route if I need to... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome to the site...I now trust Chicago a little bit more :wink: next time I go through there I will call you as my security

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
If you dont have any luck with your LD, try the MP-Pistol classifieds for god deals. Also BudsGuns.com......Always a plus!

Good luck to you in your search for the MP9CK!

stevenknapp said:
...piece of paper that says I have a deposit on a 9mm M&P carry kit w/o the mag disconnect at my local gun shop.

I went out and shot the M&P, G34, and P226. By the end of 300 rounds between them all, I was still impressed with the feel of the M&P and my patterns had tightened up quite a bit.

My dealer doesn't stock the carry kit, actually had never heard of it "must be really new" they said. Last time they ordered a M&P without the mag disconnect it took 90 days to get in stock.

I hope I'm not in for a super long wait. The shop is a very good sized gun dealer, and I'd rather buy local. I do see there are dealers online who have the gun in stock. Might go that route if I need to... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't trust Chicago. No one who lives in the city can own (nevermind carry) a pistol. I'm not afraid of going there, but don't like the rules. I live in the sprawl about an hour north of the city.

Bud's didn't have it in stock but Gilberts does:

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/Handguns/Smith...P+9mm+Carry+Kit

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it that hard to find/order one of these?

I'd rather throw the business to the local shop if possible. But if they are really that hard to find, and you really think I'm going to be waiting 90 days for one (really?!?), I'll call Bass Pro (FFL receive) and Gilbert's on Monday.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Every time I go on leave up to WI I get the distinct pleasure of traveling through Gary, IN and the south side of Chicago Man I get out and dance when we are out of those two ghettos

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never mind the neighborhoods, the traffic through there is horrid too. Depending on where you're going in WI, I've taken I74 out of Indy to I39 north. Miss the whole mess.

Otherwise I294 "around" Chicago for me. I live not far from Gurnee, you've probably driven past the Bass Pro and Great America. I'm ~10min from there.

If for some reason I do end up going through the city, just make sure the tank is full enough and haul through.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
All I am saying brother, if thats what you are looking for and its readily available, go for it. But if you feel better purchasing from your local dealer, nothing wrong with that either. I just have zero patience when I want something

stevenknapp said:
Is it that hard to find/order one of these?

I'd rather throw the business to the local shop if possible. But if they are really that hard to find, and you really think I'm going to be waiting 90 days for one (really?!?), I'll call Bass Pro (FFL receive) and Gilbert's on Monday.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
" I just have zero patience when I want something " Same here.

If it's just a week or two, that's OK. But if it's really S&W's supply issue, and it's going to be 90 days. I'm not that patient.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
:wink:

stevenknapp said:
" I just have zero patience when I want something " Same here.

If it's just a week or two, that's OK. But if it's really S&W's supply issue, and it's going to be 90 days. I'm not that patient.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
stevenknapp said:
Never mind the neighborhoods, the traffic through there is horrid too. Depending on where you're going in WI, I've taken I74 out of Indy to I39 north. Miss the whole mess.

Otherwise I294 "around" Chicago for me. I live not far from Gurnee, you've probably driven past the Bass Pro and Great America. I'm ~10min from there.

If for some reason I do end up going through the city, just make sure the tank is full enough and haul through.

I know good ole gurnee mills and great america I will have to keep you in mind when I make my way through there nothing like a little range time getting my mind right for the tollway

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's nice to hear of another M&P shooter in the area. I went through the same thing you did trying to get mine about a year ago. I ended up buying through Bud's and having it transferred through Bass Pro, no hassles, no tax, and best price in the area.

Let me know when you get your and we can meet up at Bass to help break her in.

-Trip

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trip, where do you live? I've never been to Bass Pro's range, want to try it out.

I'm in Grayslake. Yup, either online (Bass Pro give you any hassles for the FFL?) or from Davidson's shipped to a shop in Arlington Heights.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I live in Gurnee. Bass Pro's range is fairly nice. They only have a swamp cooler in the summer so it can get fairly hot/humid on warm days. I usually go after work during weekdays because during the weekends it gets really crowded. 10 buck for an hour, sometimes they will let you in for $6 if you flash a military id.

I did my transfer from Buds to BP last year and didn't have any problems. They already had each others FFL on file. I think they charged $25 to transfer, but they said it might go up this year, I don't know for sure.

PM me when your 9mm arrives and we can meet up. I own a .40, so you can see the difference.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts