MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for an inexpensive plastic or kydex holster that would be a good "pistol holder" to set up next to the bed on a Sure Set mount. Fobus wasn't an option as I have tried that a few times and they are just garbage. I wasn't impressed with Uncle Mike's kydex either since you can't just relabel a G21 holster and convince me it fits a M&P. But I think I found what I am looking for in the Quick Companion here: http://www.grandfatheroak.com/Stockdesigns.html It's true kydex, has a adjustable tension screw and is only $35 including shipping. It should be here in less than a month so I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives. I'm a Comp-Tac snob so we'll see if it passes inspection. :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it didn't exactly arrive when it was supposed to but I finally got it in my hands today. Here it is:

The fit is pretty good and I think it is worth the $35 I paid. It is made with rather thick kydex so it is strong. I ordered it with Blade-tech's tek-loc fastener, but it is also available with a molded loop or paddle. It is not a work of art like my Comp-tac holsters, but it would probably work well for me as a bed holster, the reason why I purchased it in the first place. Those who don't have such high standards and are looking for an affordable alternative would probably be very happy with this OWB holster. I haven't decided yet if I'll keep it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
WOW!!

Thanks for the info!! I have been looking for a Kydex holster maker that has good prices. Stuff looks great!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just ordered one yesterday. I'm a little depressed about the long order time, but then again it's one of the cheapest kydex holsters I've ever seen (dollar wise, not value) so I guess I can't complain too much. Choochboost, I noticed you're left handed. If you end up for some reason not wanting to keep that holster, let me know. I might be inclined to take it off your hands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts