MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My DCAEK arrived today and my truglo pro sights will be arriving monday. Plan to install them at the same time and was hoping you guys could recommend me a cheap sight pusher that works well on the M&P.
Prefer it be on amazon if possible. There are alot to choose from and just wanted any personal experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Make sure you can return it. I bought one of the highest rated sight pushers on Amazon last year. It was marketed as "universal," for any gun. It didn't come close to working on my Sig and I returned it. The one time I did "successfully" install tritium sights on a gun, a .380 Bodyguard, the front sight would shift out of position after shooting several rounds. I had to get a gunsmith to fix my bad sight installation.

Anymore, especially if sights have tritium capsules and/or they are expensive, I prefer to pay a gunsmith $40 to install them. Then I have someone to complain to besides myself. I figure if you have to ask which cheap tool to buy to do a job, it might be worth considering if you are the person to do the job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought this one YEARS AGO and have used it at least 10 times and friends have used it probably another 10.

The cool part is that many of them come with a small rod to tighten the screw to remove the sight. This one has a hex head screw so you can put a ratchet wrench on it for some real leverage.

I had 2 sight that even after soaking in liquid wrench weren't moving. Nice to be able to get a little extra leverage. It also comes with a handful of adapters for different slides.
Just put masking tape on any part that contacts the gun

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys. My DCAEK arrived today and my truglo pro sights will be arriving monday. Plan to install them at the same time and was hoping you guys could recommend me a cheap sight pusher that works well on the M&P.
Prefer it be on amazon if possible. There are alot to choose from and just wanted any personal experience.

Thanks
Having done the same upgrades to my m&p 9 here are two tips. Be careful about the orientation of the hook ends of the trigger spring. Study the installation videos several times before you jump in. Prior to pushing the sites into place....
file....file...file...check and file some more on the base of the site before pushing it into place. FIle is really the wrong term....use medium grit emory paper on a flat surface.File and check file and check. The site pusher should meet definite resistance but it should not be extremely tight. Good luck. I believe you'll love the results with the DCAEK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, works been tough so ive been pushing back when i can do the install. Itll probably be next tues

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update.
I am still waiting for my roll pin set to come in. Which should be tomorrow. Had some time on sunday to work on the pistol so figured why not work on the slide. Installed the apex striker block/spring and the sights.
I paid $35 shipped for this pusher that worked on both front/rear sights.

Gotta say it was worth the money imo. The original sights came right off without any kind of ding/scratch. Decided to try my luck and not file the new sights at all and see if they would go on. Went right on without any issue.
This pusher did not leave any marks on my M&P slide. Infact i didnt put anything inbetween the tool and slide just to see what kind of markings i would get. Nothing.

That being said, 2 things using this pusher for the install
-For the Apex parts, i had to cut the provided talon tool in order to clear my pusher. worked like a charm.
-installing the sights was super easy. Using a vise/punch i can see being alot easier for final adjustments. Got alittle annoying pulling the slide out to measure, adjust, measure.

Nice thing about the pusher is i didnt need a vise. I did the install sitting in my room watching tv.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clearly WAY late to this party but for anyone in the future: There is the version that is a significant block of steel with hex key driven screws that hold it in place and move the sights. I've seen pricing from $39.00 to $69.00 they all look the same except the expensive ones have a named printed on them. With no experience I had zero problems and zero scratches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts