MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only an idea and I do not have the resources to design and market it, so hey...any tinkering shop owner should and can go ahead with this idea, just send me one when it's done!

What I envision is a brass catcher that attaches to the tactical rail on the front of the M&P. Off of the mount would be a rod that extends along the side of the pistol, but not touching it and back towards the ejection port. The function of the rod would be two-fold. Primarily to support the brass bag and secondly to allow the horizontal (front to rear) plane of the bag to be adjustable which would mean a one-size fits all design. Because of the weight of the empty brass, a 15-30 round capacity would be ideal.

Practical for USPSA and other events, no. Concealed carry, no.

Great for a day at the local range with your buddies when you do not feel like bending over to pick up a few hundred rounds of brass, yes.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Definitely a good idea, one of the big problems with a pistol was there wasn't any place to attach to, but with the tactical rails there's an attachment point! Ugly as sin, but I do use on on my AR when shooting off the bench.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts