MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bying the mag disconnect from a forum member and I'm wondering if I put this IN my gun if it will be more work to disassemble the gun. I've owned revolvers before this so cleaning was easy and the only safety was my finger. While I don't plan on CCW this particular gun it will be home defense and could come in handy. I'm mostly wondering how hard it will be to install this and if it will be more work to disassemble it. My current M&P has no lock or safety.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you dissasemble your M&P using the sear deactivation lever already this won't make it easier . If you don't use it , this will make it a little longer/harder since now you'll have to insert an empty mag and pull the trigger or poke something in the the pistol to deactivate it .

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah. Well I think I was trying to plan WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY ahead and have the personal safety if I used my gun as a CCW or had kids. I don't think I want it now.

Can't believe it took this long to get a reply.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
If you use the sear deactivation lever to disassemble the gun putting in a mag disco will not make it any harder to take down. It will take the exact same way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not if you have big stubby fingers like i got , it was a pain , especially if I didn't have anything handy at the moment to stick in there

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have "normal" hands. I can say that because I'm an average height and weight blah blah blah. I'm 5'6'' #160 so that lets you know my hand size. I wish I could try one an M&P with a 4lb trigger to see if I like it. I would hate to have it done and hate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts