MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Insight X2L out on a M&P compact? I was wondering how the quality of these lights are and how they fit on the compact....pics would be nice too!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have seen one on a compact, sorry no pics to show you. For 100 bucks I said pass because the quality of the light is not that great in person. The light is 40 lumens which is adaquate for low and no light situations.

Hub

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can't answer your question but i have a streamight TLR-2 on my M&P 40, works great, but after i bought the 40 Compact, i put it on and something just did'nt look right, shot it 1 time and it flew off, thought maybe i did'nt have it tight enought, shot it again, flew off again, any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally bought a Insight X2L last night at a good deal...This is a nice little compact light/laser combo. It fit my M&P compact great..It could be a little brighter but for what I will use it for(inside the home)it will work great..A++ to Insight...I will post some pics here in a few days to show how good it looks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
PENS-66 said:
I finally bought a Insight X2L last night at a good deal...This is a nice little compact light/laser combo. It fit my M&P compact great..It could be a little brighter but for what I will use it for(inside the home)it will work great..A++ to Insight...I will post some pics here in a few days to show how good it looks.

Does it fit tight on the rail? My XML for my XD45 is a sloppy fit on the M&P Compact.

Are there different models of the X2L to fit different rails?

Thanks,

KO

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I know there is only one model..It fits pretty snug..side to side,up and down are fine..you can move it a bit front to back..but its definately not going anywhere..it locks in solid..I just think the slots in the rail of the M&P compact maybe a bit larger than the clip on the light...I will have to call Insight and see if they plan on making any different attaching hardware...But the little bit of play that it has doesnt bother me at all....hope this helps

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KO41...This is the responce I recieved from Insight about the X2L having some travel front to rear on the compact.

Thank you for your inquiry with Insight Technology.

The reason you have some play from front to back is because the latchbar on the X2L is a Glock latchbar and it doesn’t completely fill the recoil groove. Unfortunately at this time, this is the only configuration we offer. I am forwarding your concerns on to those members of our staff who need to know.

Correct me if I am wrong...That the compact Glocks do not even come with accessory rails on them.and this light was made for compact pistols??? :? [/b]

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Compact Glocks do have accessory rails. The Subcompact Glocks do not.

Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmmm..... My Glock Light fits my full size M&P 9 perfectly, and I am sure the latch bar on it is for a Glock. Are the grooves on a full size different than the ones on a compact? Guess I will have to check when I get home.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tater...I'm not sure if the grooves are any different on the full size than the compact,but I do see that the latch bar on the X2L is smaller than the groove on my rail..It is absolutely no concern to me..I know that the light is going nowhere..It just has a bit of movement from front to back..but not like it rattles around or moves around if I shake the gun...the comment I posted was the reply of Insight..I am very happy with the light!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Pens, that slide is ultra sexy, can I have it?

Also, I like the light/laser combo but when I tried a XML on my 9c the tabs seemed like a bit out of a reach when compared to my brothers XD/M3 combo. It was like I had to extend my finger straight out (further away from the trigger
) to reach it. I think this is because the M&P has an extended trigger guard for glove wearers?

It made me unsure about getting something to hang off of the rail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
PENS-66... I was just commenting on Insight's reply to you. I too have been looking at the X2L for my 9c. Thanks for the pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts