MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ya have to figure, it can't be that tough to install this sling mount:

Right?

WELL... I'm really glad I didn't lose any springs or hard parts. Springs did go flying. The buffer retainer pin did hit my ceiling. The safety lever dropped out, the spring sprung and the pin fell out after I had to remove an aftermarket grip for trimming. I'm sure glad I'm not learning on an $1800 Noveske...

Here's the $5 wrench I broke trying to get past the staking:

Here's the $8 wrench that WORKS for stock removal:

A couple of taps with a hammer on the end of the wrench broke the castle nut loose, past the staking.

At least now I know how the back end of this puppy comes apart!

Yes, I did stake the nut with that punch, no problems. I'm usually pretty good at beating stuff with a hammer...

F

·
0 Posts
RED Locktight BAD!BAD!

Looks like someone used red locktight not a good idea if one plans on ever removing a locking device. :oops: Best to use Blue Locktight. :wink:

I advise anyone planing on building their own AR or changing items on one to obtain this quality book. The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide by Walt Kuleck with Clint McKee ISBN 1-888722-12-6

You will be glad later you did. :wink:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
czydj said:
Yes, I did stake the nut with that punch, no problems.

hmmm that sounds kinda dirty :oops:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: RED Locktight BAD!BAD!

flanker said:
Looks like someone used red locktight

I didn't see any evidence of loctite on the tube or nut. That $5 wrench didn't have the correct radius on the bend and wouldn't achieve proper purchase on the castle nut slots. I hope no one else wasted their money on that junky wrench...

flanker said:
I advise anyone planing on building their own AR or changing items on one to obtain this quality book. The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide by Walt Kuleck with Clint McKee ISBN 1-888722-12-6

You will be glad later you did.

Thanks for the link. I could have used that book this evening!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts