MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Burwell rear sight and intend to install it myself. I read to make sure you "catch" the cap and spring before they launch. How do you do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My assumption would be to slowly slide the factory sight off while keeping your thumb about half on the old sight and half on the slide and just slowly creep it off until you feel the little doodad hit your thumb.

I've been known to be wrong like once or twice, though, so wait for better advice.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would you recommend putting your slide in a zip lock bag and knocking it out from there so in case anything flies it will land inside the bag? I don't know I've never done before.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
It is not nearly as bad as it may seem. Like choochboost said, just take your time and do it little by little. The only way you are really going to have problems with it flying out is by smacking the thing out of there. Once you see the edge of the opening for the safety, take it easy and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jtaliani said:
It is not nearly as bad as it may seem. Like choochboost said, just take your time and do it little by little. The only way you are really going to have problems with it flying out is by smacking the thing out of there. Once you see the edge of the opening for the safety, take it easy and you'll be fine.

That's what I needed to know. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts