MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it appears that the M&P 40-9 conversion barrels are a thing of the past. I've found a few online that were for the compact and a couple of 5 inch barrels, but nothing any longer available for the regular full size units. what's the going price for one of these anymore? I saw a 5inch barrel on Ebay for about $200, but I only spent $280 for my pistol.

Just curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats interesting. I was just looking there the other day and they only showed the Compact version as available.
Strangely, as a coincidence, I was reading through my emails this evening and there was a response email from KKM saying they would be back in production of these barrels around the end of the month. That is eerily odd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, it appears that the M&P 40-9 conversion barrels are a thing of the past. I've found a few online that were for the compact and a couple of 5 inch barrels, but nothing any longer available for the regular full size units. what's the going price for one of these anymore? I saw a 5inch barrel on Ebay for about $200, but I only spent $280 for my pistol.

Just curious.

Thanks
I just bought one from Midway. They were on a closeout sale for about $100. Worth a look. They might have one left.
Chuck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so, I bit the bullet(pun intended) and ordered the Storm Lake Conversion barrel from Midway after they clearenced them out for $59.99. For $60, plus free shipping, I could live with the barrel being longer than the slide. I got the package in the mail, faster than I've ever gotten anything from Midway for as long as I can remember in all my years of ordering from them. Ordered on the 16th, got it on the 18th.

Opened the package and.

I went back and checked my Midway order and my Order shows:
Storm Lake Barrel S&W M&P Pro 40 S&W to 9mm Luger Conversion 1 in 16" Twist 5.01” Stainless Steel

AND THEY'RE SOLD OUT.

F My Life....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
You really don't want the pro 5" barrel for your 4.25" slide. There is a cone on the end that's required for proper lockup. It's like putting 18" tires on 17" rims. We have 357Sig and 9mm conversion barrels for the M&P40 Pro 5", full size M&P40, and the M&P40 Shield, and wouldn't dream of using them in the wrong slide. The f/s 357Sig barrel is extended and ported, Storm Lake measured it at 4.95", but the cone is behind the ports, where it should be for a 4.25" barrel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I noticed that after I took the picture. I took the barrel out of the package and wondered, if they did this with the actual S&W conversion barrel, whether it would actually have worked with the standard slide because of that bulge in the front of the barrel. I guess this was a mistake in my favor when it really comes down to it. I'm not stuck with a barrel for a pistol I don't have and can't use. I think I've decided to just buy another M&P9 and just buy a .357sig barrel for my M&P40. For the price of these police trade ins, and the condition they are in, I'm still saving a lot of money overall.

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
I just spent the last hour looking for a Storm Lake 40-9mm conversion barrel, which I thought we probably lost. Found it in my wife's previous range bag, with a couple 40-9 and 357Sig extended/ported barrels (which I thought we sold years ago).

If you would like an excellent condition M&P40 Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel in stainless steel, we'd be willing to part with this one for $120. It's seen several hundred uneventful rounds (no failures of any kind), used for a training class before my wife got her M&P9 Shield. I'll even throw in a brand new, unopened and in the original plastic, S&W factory M&P9 magazine (new style w/rectangular hole), which is required if you're shooting 9mm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just spent the last hour looking for a Storm Lake 40-9mm conversion barrel, which I thought we probably lost. Found it in my wife's previous range bag, with a couple 40-9 and 357Sig extended/ported barrels (which I thought we sold years ago).

If you would like an excellent condition M&P40 Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel in stainless steel, we'd be willing to part with this one for $120. It's seen several hundred uneventful rounds (no failures of any kind), used for a training class before my wife got her M&P9 Shield. I'll even throw in a brand new, unopened and in the original plastic, S&W factory M&P9 magazine (new style w/rectangular hole), which is required if you're shooting 9mm.
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. But, something strange happened yesterday. There was another package in the box from Midway and when I opened it, low and behold, that M&P Pro barrel was in there. 10 days after I purchased it, which is more like what I'm use to when I order from them. I had just returned from the Post office to drop off the Springfield barrel I was returning, that I still have no idea what or why it came to me. There is nothing in my Midway account showing that I even ordered that barrel. I'm going to go ahead and keep the Pro barrel. For $60, if it's not accurate but still puts holes in paper at 25yards, I'll be happy with it. This isn't a carry pistol, it's just the one I bought to play dress up with and accessorize for fun.

I have the M-Carbo spring set and also just got in the Apex Flat Face Forward Set kit for it. I'm going to try them both and see what they do for the pistol.

KRWeiss, Thanks again for the offer. I really appreciate it. Had I not gotten that other barrel, I would have taken you up on your offer.

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts