MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As best as I can tell talking to my broker - S&W's Stocks were trading around $7 a share before the M&P series.

Now they have climbed to around $14 and considering the trend of several PD's switching over to the M&P - Looks like it's gonna keep climbing a while.

I told him to sell some of my other stuff and buy around a hundred shares and let it ride.

I wish I'd thought about it a while back.

·
Registered
93 Posts
ArmyCop said:
As best as I can tell talking to my broker - S&W's Stocks were trading around $7 a share before the M&P series.

Now they have climbed to around $14 and considering the trend of several PD's switching over to the M&P - Looks like it's gonna keep climbing a while.

I told him to sell some of my other stuff and buy around a hundred shares and let it ride.

I wish I'd thought about it a while back.

I bought 400 shares for $13 a few weeks back. I plan opn buying more whenever I can. I agree that S&W should do very good as there is a LOT of market share for them to gain. They have just started touching the tip of the iceberg.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
there is a member on here who paid for his M&P with S&W stock. I think it was his kid who told him to buy it around 6 bucks saying something was going to happen. He rode it to 12 and paid for a few things.
I know a man that payed off his house with S&W stock...

but he bought in the late 90's for $.17 / share or something crazy. I can't remember what it was exactly but it was less than a dollar.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I remember Jim Cramer talking about how this stock would jump. It was around 5 or 6 a share at the time, and I thought it wasn't worth it. I should have listened to the experts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heres a good stock choice. I am up over 6 thoudand dollars

The stock is NVMG.pk its an oil and gas stock great company sorry for being off the S&W But you have to pay lots of money for S&W and with a 100 shares if it goes up another dollar what do you have a 100.00 You buy this and when it goes up could make a small or large fortune if you buy in before they get the oil out of the ground. any questions on this one email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
S&W Stock

I'm the member referred to in an earlier post that bought S&W stock on a tip from my son. I bought a thousand shares at $10.00 last December. Quickly, I made enough to buy a M&P 40 and to have it tricked it out by Dan Burwell. Since then, I have sold the stock and repurchased it seven times (Pretending to be a daytrader). I made the valleys and peaks work for me most of the time, but once I was on the sideline when a big spurt happened. My orginal investment of $10,000 is now $13 grand, up 30% plus the 40 cal. Not a bad return for 4 months. Too bad, this is just "mad money" used to fund my hobbies, and not something that will change my lifestyle. I don't do as well with investments that matter.

I am cautiously optomistic about the stock and will continue to play with it, but the PE of 47+ is getting pretty high. I think they'll need to post some good earnings to continue the stock climb.

[/b]

·
Registered
24 Posts
It takes about 10-years of reality based study to start to understand the stock market, what needs to be watched and what repeatedly works. Be forewarned, the market does not smile on dabblers. The problem with most dabblers is they buy after the stock is hot, then panic when it takes dip and sell, thus doing just the opposite of what it takes to make money in the market (buy low and sell high).

That being said, I think S&W is a good buy even now at below $15. There is every reason to believe that the stock could reach $25 before the end of 2007. S&W has two new products (M&P pistol & M&P rifle) that are very good and well thought out, but I think the real difference is the very aggressive sales force they have developed and their determination to be number one. S&W doesn't just make firearms and they are expanding the other areas also. They would be smart to buy out Surefire if possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts