MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reload several larger calibers and find quite a savings plus I enjoy it.

Are there any real savings to be had reloading 9mm?

I only ask because since purchasing my 9c I believe I'll be running through a lot of 9mm.

Thanks,

nunnya

·
Registered
24 Posts
i do. once you are set up for reloading with all the basics, it's just a matter of buying the 9mm dies for equipment. powder, primers and bullets are consumables like all your other calibers. removing the element of your time (you said you enjoy it) reloading is cheaper the vast majority of times, even now with the price of compnents. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
for me after the initial setup costs, i save a decent amount. on average, for a hundred reounds at walmart i spend around 16 dollars with tax included. reloading i spend around 8-9 dollars with old brass. thats just an estimate. i may be spending a lot less.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For target / match ammo I roll my own. I use factory stuff for my CCW for liability reasons :roll:

I enjoy reloading and load development and save a buck or two as well.

Using range brass and Bear Creek moly bullets, I estimate it costs me 7.3 cents per round for 9mm.

Bullet .042

Powder .011

Primer .020

Brass .000

Using comparable components, the .40 cost apprx 8.5 cents/per.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
If you are already set up for reloading, there is a significant difference in the cost to reload and new factory ammo, a decent rule of thumb would be reloading your own is about half the cost of buying new ammo.

For example one source shows a price of about $180 for 1,000 9mm with 115 gr FMJ bullets (WWB), I can reload those for less than half that amount, that's a pretty significant savings.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys.

I was trying to talk myself into it and that little nudge helped.

Sphpkr, which 9mm Bear Creek are you using?

I've used their 230gr.FP in .45ACP and found them to be great.

nunnya

·
Registered
147 Posts
nunnya said:
Thanks for the input guys.

I was trying to talk myself into it and that little nudge helped.

Sphpkr, which 9mm Bear Creek are you using?

I've used their 230gr.FP in .45ACP and found them to be great.

nunnya

I've used both the rn and tc in 125 grain. Like em both!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just reloaded and shot my 1st 200 rounds of 147gr zero bullets using my dillon 550b! very accurate and way cheaper!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts