MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to pick up my M&P 9 on Monday. The serial number is MPP7XXX. Is it possible to tell if I am getting a Revision N (or O) just based on that serial number?

Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Okay, what you need to do is just field strip the weapon, (you did make sure the chamber was clear, right?) and there should be something like "REV N" printed on the bottom of the inside of the frame, on top of the rail. Here's a few piccies...

Hope this helps.[/img]

·
Registered
100 Posts
i know the answers is prbly somewhere, but since this post is front and center i'll ask: in short, whats the main difference with REV N. and other frames

Thanks

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
PantherMan, watch your back, there seems to be some sort of hairy creature stalking you.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
choochboost said:
PantherMan, watch your back, there seems to be some sort of hairy creature stalking you.
I think it's the Iowa version of bigfoot!

·
Registered
110 Posts
You guys seen those Jack Links' commercials? Yeah, that's me.

Sorry to threadjack. I guess if you wanted to find what revision it is by the serial number, you could find out what serial numbers were in production when they started making the N revision. But I figure it'd be easier to just look at the frame. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PantherMan said:
I guess if you wanted to find what revision it is by the serial number, you could find out what serial numbers were in production when they started making the N revision. But I figure it'd be easier to just look at the frame. Just my thoughts.

My understanding is that S&W is no longer putting revision letters on the M&Ps, which is why I was hoping someone could confirm the revision by serial number.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Going back to the question posed by chilewhat, what is good better or what about RevN or later? My MPB 40 is a RevM. Please help some noobies out on this issue.

Jim

·
Registered
217 Posts
absolutenewb said:
FYI, I just checked it out and my weapon has 15 dots, which I think means that it is Revision O.

15 dots, it is Revision O

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
A lot of ceramic manufactuers use the "dot" code...

O = 15th letter in the alphabet

So then 15 dots (or an O) would be the 15th revision and/or year of production.

So if someone has 16, then it would be P, so on, so forth.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
glocker said:
mine has 6 dots so what does that mean? Im a little clueless here guys.

1 = A

2 = B

3 = C

4 = D

5 = E

6 = F

YAY! You have an F!

·
Registered
405 Posts
+1 did anybody determine is there's a difference between N and the dots? I thought it was posted there wasn't and N was final they just went to dots more or less to stop people and the alphabet worries lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts