MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about what Smith might be adding at the Shot? I'm thinking the 5in 9mm. Anything else?

·
Registered
123 Posts
The M&P 45c?? *orgasms*

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
18" 12 gauge pump m&p shotgun (one can dream)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
In theory M&P45c ins production form, and M&P 5" in production form or production prototype.. not custom shoip concept. No idea on 5" calibers, but if they are listening it will be both 9mm and .40. If not, just 9mm.

That's the rumors anyway, and I'd be surprised if the above did not turn up.

I'd also expect them to try to make some buzz around their bolt action rifles as their production issues with them have caused a bit of a black eye, and making that line turn a profit would be very good for their stock.

Other speculative possibility. would be a possible custom shop concept of a .327 federal magnum j-frame revolver. Not that I have heard anything, but it'd probably be low effort and get some buzz going.

·
Registered
223 Posts
raz-0 said:
I'd also expect them to try to make some buzz around their bolt action rifles as their production issues with them have caused a bit of a black eye, and making that line turn a profit would be very good for their stock.

What happened with the rifles? I bought a 30-06 I-Bolt last month and love it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gregchico said:
[quote name='raz-0']

What happened with the rifles? I bought a 30-06 I-Bolt last month and love it.[/quote]

Taken from Smith's site: Smith & Wesson is announcing a recall of a limited number of I-bolt rifles. The recall involves only those rifles manufactured from October 18, 2007 to December 12, 2007. If you own a rifle manufactured during this period, we ask that you stop using your rifle immediately. Additional information concerning this recall will be provided in the coming days. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please call 1-800-331-0852.

·
Registered
223 Posts
LockNLoad said:
[quote name='Gregchico'][quote name='raz-0']

What happened with the rifles? I bought a 30-06 I-Bolt last month and love it.[/quote]

Taken from Smith's site: Smith & Wesson is announcing a recall of a limited number of I-bolt rifles. The recall involves only those rifles manufactured from October 18, 2007 to December 12, 2007. If you own a rifle manufactured during this period, we ask that you stop using your rifle immediately. Additional information concerning this recall will be provided in the coming days. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please call 1-800-331-0852.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, I will give them a call tomorrow. It figures, that now that it is sighted in I will have to send it back......

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
They had early production problems, that made initial deliver very late, and apparantly on top of that, still rushed ahead and now have to do a recall.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was told it was a receiver machining issue, and some bolts would not open (after firing??) and had to be helped open with rubber mallets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts