MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a new sight for my MP40 that I picked up over the weekend. Looking at both sights they darn well look identical, right down to the pricing, anyone have the scoop or poop on the sight? anyone used it yet ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
The are not the same. They are both manufactured by different shops. The 10-8 has a U-notch as opposed to the Burwell sight's conventional notch design. They are both excellent designs. I have the 10-8 on my M&P40 and highly recommend it. I even have one waiting for my M&P45 to arrive!

·
Registered
53 Posts
There are a couple of threads on this in the "M&P Pistol Accessories" forum

Edit: I lost the time sheet but my group for a 17 round dump went from 4 inches to 3 @30ft with a 15% reduction in time when I went to the 10-8 sight.

Granted its shooting at a single target while everything is stationary but it was good enough to make me a believer.

This is the first I believe:

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...&highlight=

Here are my pictures from that thread:

And a quick photoshop, the sight combination over a B29R target

[/quote]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I did some searching after I posted this, and found the gunsmith section, where both of you posted about the 10-8 sight. I like the looks of it addition to what it makes you focus on. I am setting my MP40 up strictly as a combat gun, so I ordered a sight, I already have night sights on the gun, so with a black rear I think this will be a perfect setup. I also ordered a new 19lb recoil spring and guide rod from Wolf, maybe that will dampen down the recoil some more. I have noticed that after a few rounds I have to readjust my grip, probably because I am used to steel frames, this is my first polymer 40 since 1996 when I had a glock 23. I will say I am impressed with the gun so far, but it does need a little tweaking for my tastes. Thanks for the info.

James

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm happy with it, although I think I can do better. The time I ran with the stock sights was "in the zone"

When I was shooting the 10-8 sight, I hadn’t eaten all day and I had some shakes. I was tuned in but there was a little static on my frequency if that makes sense.

PS, if you dont use the medium grip, I suggest you go back to it. Unless you dont plan on running the CT lasergrips or plan on re-learning the pistol when you get them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts