MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a m&p 1.0 in 40sw. I love this pistol. It eats everything I put through it. Shoots well for me, etc.

I was thinking about getting the OEM 357 barrel from Midway or Brownells. They tend to be out of stock. But, $80 for oem sounds better $150 for storm lake. Anyone run this conversion? Do you like it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I tried to read other posts regarding this swap. Seems most people have success, and that is great news about the 2.0. I don't own one yet, but 9mm is on my Christmas list. I will check eBay.

·
Registered
62 Posts
back in the Obama days when ammo was scarce all that was readily available was 357 sig and 40. I have a 1st gen mp compact chambered for 357 sig and it rocks
buy the barrel stock up on some ammo and keep it around just in case.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's always nice to have more caliber choices for the same pistol.
But if it was me, I'd want a long barrel for the .357 Sig, like a 5 inch full-size.

The .357's advantage over the 9mm is velocity, and with a short barrel you lose velocity, and you'll have increased muzzle blast and a bigger fireball.
Not to mention more expensive ammo and a round that you won't be able to buy anywhere in the world, like you can with 9mm.

I know 9mm isn't exciting to most like the .357 Sig is, but it's more practical.
And in a shorter barrel, you'll be using a lot more powder in a .357 to gain just a bit more velocity, at the cost of more expensive ammo, more blast and flame, and less mag capacity.

I thought about getting a .357 Sig barrel for my .40, but ended up getting a 9mm instead. Just my opinions.
As far as OEM vs. aftermarket, the aftermarket will not be as sloppy as far as fit, and will generally produce better accuracy that a factory barrel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a Storm Lake .357 Sig barrel for my M&P40C 1.0 and never had an issue with it. It was a drop-in and never failed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just last week I bought a new 2.0 full size (4.25") 40, and have no plans to carry it with the 40 barrel. Going to buy a KKM 357 SIG barrel. Not cheap, but they are good quality. Have 4 of them already, 3 of those are 357 SIG, and they work great for me. Although, it may be a little louder, I like 357 SIG better than 40.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts