MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at several different models for concealed carry. The M&P 9mm Compact, Glock 29, Keltec PF-9, and the Kahr PM9094. What are the recommendations, likes, and dislikes of the M&P 9mm Compact for concealed carry? Is the size too big, too small, just right?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Its perfect, go buy 2 now... :wink:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Is it perfect, well, is anything perfect? Some have reported rust issues and you may want to do some research on that ongoing thread. Other than that, the M&P is an awesome weapon. Now, compared to the G29 (10mm is all that and then some) but beware the size and thickness when comparing to other potential CCW platforms.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Not necessarily. Both are about the same price also.

Handle both guns. If possible, shoot both guns.

They are both excellent; so buy the one that fits you the best.

·
Registered
319 Posts
i carry fullsize 9, with extra mag. So i would think 9C would be even easier to carry.

But after looking at your choices you've listed, i must urge you to consider XD9compact or XD9Subcompact.

When I was looking for compact 9mm for my gf this past few weeks, we've looked in to variety of XD's, and i must say that XD is really nice gun. Although we didn't go for it(she didnot care for grip safety), I'm serisouly considering XD40 subcompact for my grovebox gun

·
Registered
403 Posts
It kind of depends on what you want. The PF-9 is slimmer and smaller and would probably be more comfortable and concealable in a variety of situations. On the other hand the M&P 9c (which I carry in a Comptac holster) is super accurate, reliable, and easy to shoot. It is a better defensive weapon than the PF-9 but if its too big for you it won't be on your hip where it belongs! Both would probably serve you well. The Kahr would probably fall in line with the PF-9 but it is slightly more expensive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Carry my M&Pc everyday since I picked it up in nearly 2 months ago. Five days a week (5-hours on Saturday) for about 9 1/2 hours straight in a Comp-Tac "Infidel" iwb holster outdoors in a very dusty and sweaty enviroment. It gets dust and sweat on it everyday so I wipe it down when I get home at night. Also, since I work outside and I don't like rain coats when it rains, it's gets soaked when I do. No problems at all, this gun hangs in there. I do break it down every few days to double check the internals and re-lube if need be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts