MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get a new M&P 9 (assuming the latest revision (N?) should I expect to have any problems with it? I mean have there been any problems with the latest models? Or have all the ‘bugs’ have been worked out?

thanks!

btw what serial number M&P's are the 'Revision N' ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a Rev N serial # mpfxxxx and I've put 1500 rounds through it with no problems. The front sight was loose when I first bought it, but that was fixed quickly.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Any brand will have problems pop up over the life of a product. I see no reason not to buy an M&P if you want one. Should anything go wrong, S&W will make it right on their dime.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would not sweat it, my buddy has two Rev M .40's and has not had one issue. I have two Rev N 9mm's and also no problems. Don't hesitate, you will not be disapointed with the M&P. Good luck!

MB 8)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a Rev N MPM4XXX era MP9 and aside from 1 ammo related failure to feed it has been perfect through 720 rounds.

·
Registered
257 Posts
we have a rental full-size 9, that probably has a solid 4 or 5k rounds though it. nothing to speak of with it...still going strong. it's a rev. N

·
Registered
53 Posts
My MPJ has run just fine to over 1000 rounds in two days.

200: Federal Hydrashok 124gr

200: Magtech 115gr FMJ

500: Sellier and Bellot 115gr FMJ

100: Winchester Winclean 124gr FMJ

Out of the 100 Winclean rounds:

9 went bang

66 were barely able to function the slide

17 caused a failure to chamber from being underpowered

8 were unable to move the slide from battery and the bullets landed a few feet infront of me after a tumble from the end of the muzzle.

I seriously doubt any of those failures were caused by the pistol, although I was not happy since they were the first 100 I fired.

·
Registered
495 Posts
A couple of points that I am sure most of us all realize. Nothing man made on a production line is always going to be trouble free. There is also nothing to say that 2000 rounds from now your trouble free pistol is still going to be trouble free. Things can and do break but I think the thought here is that most of the teething problems have been worked out. Every new weapon design has some. Another thing to remember is that each letter added to the serial number chain is another 10,000 pistols, what are they up to now, M or N? That is a lot of pistols, some of which are seeing a lot of rounds going down the pipe. If a reoccuring problem was showing up I am pretty sure S&W would be on top of it and get it fixed. So far no recalls posted on their website for the M&P. Another thing to realize is that the internet forums are a great place to share information but one needs to remember that many users get on a forum to fix a problem they have. They usually post their problem before talking to the dealer they bought it from or the manufactuer that made it. A couple more then get on that thread saying that their junk pistol does that too. Sometimes from there a minor tuning or adjustment problem becomes a huge errornet problem. Remember that 10,000 guns per letter and say we're up to the Ms, that is 130,000 M&Ps. If you took even 1% of that, it would be 1300. You don't have 1300 members here screaming their guns aren't working. Being that it is human nature to condemn and complain more than praise, especially on the faceless errornet, and you don't see that many people here having problems that aren't getting fixed or figured out. I'd say you can buy a M&P with confidence.

I have 2, one to carry and another by the bedside for my wife.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's weird Win clean is a fairly warm round...should have enouh oomph to cycle the slide w/o problems... :?
Out of the 100 Winclean rounds:

9 went bang

66 were barely able to function the slide

17 caused a failure to chamber from being underpowered

8 were unable to move the slide from battery and the bullets landed a few feet infront of me after a tumble from the end of the muzzle.

I seriously doubt any of those failures were caused by the pistol, although I was not happy since they were the first 100 I fired.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Bug Free...

My full sized MP 40 Ser.# MPBXXXX has had no problems with over 2000 round through it. I had some feed problems with my MP 9mm compact (Ser.# MPLXXXX). S & W promtly fixed it at no cost. Love my MP's and looking forward to getting my Dark Earth Brown 45 caliber soon.!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
that's weird Win clean is a fairly warm round...should have enouh oomph to cycle the slide w/o problems... :?

All my past experiance with winclean would lead me to the same conclusion... bad enough that I'll be running magtech from here out... especially since its a little over half the price

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have an MPF. It needed a lower front sight, which was sent, fixed and returned in 7 days after I decided the problem was the pistol and not the shooter. It has loaded, fired and ejected every round. My only concern is that if I bought high price (quality?) ammo, the shock may be too much for the pistol.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just purchased an M&P9 yesterday (Rev N #MPH), and since i had to work all day today and couldn't get out to shoot it I figured I'd join the forum and see what I can expect. I'll be sure to let you know how she shoots when i get back from the range this Thursday (my next day off- wait, am i getting sick?) Anyway, I've got a good feeling about this after reading a lot of positive posts on this forum.

·
Registered
69 Posts
After this weekend its close to or over 1,000 rounds and not 1 FTF or FTE or any problems.

No matter what I feed it , they go down range and it's very accurate.

I'm amazed with this product ! :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have 1700 rounds through my MP( full size (serial # MPFxxxx Rev N) and no problems so far. It has the magazine disconnect safety, but no internal lock safety. I've shot jsut about every brand of range ammo through it, so it's diet changes often, but it seems to have no problem eating. I'll shoot off some crappy Independence ammo through it next time jsut to see if it will eat it.

Ciao,

Effy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts