MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the new M&P Shield Plus has an ambidextrous magazine release? Or is it just like the regular Shield, right hand friendly only?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have an EZ .380 and two M&P .22 compacts and hubby switched the mag releases to left hand shooter for me. However, if you have a manual safety it stays where they put it, so you have to learn to flick off the safety using an alternate method. I use my trigger finger as I'm sliding my hand into position to draw the gun. Not fun, but doable.

Reactions: Ski

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I have an EZ .380 and two M&P .22 compacts and hubby switched the mag releases to left hand shooter for me. However, if you have a manual safety it stays where they put it, so you have to learn to flick off the safety using an alternate method. I use my trigger finger as I'm sliding my hand into position to draw the gun. Not fun, but doable.
Hey Granny: Don’t put the thumb safety on in the first place. They’re not necessary on a striker fired pistol.

I have a PC Shield 9 and a .45 Shield. The thumb safety’s never been “on” on either.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Granny: Don’t put the thumb safety on in the first place. They’re not necessary on a striker fired pistol.

I have a PC Shield 9 and a .45 Shield. The thumb safety’s never been “on” on either.
I do not have any striker fired pistols at this point in time. They all got gone. My handguns are now all hammer fired. The S&W's have internal hammers that you don't see, but they are hammers. The EZ does not have a thumb safety (it has that irritating grip safety though). I use the safety on the M&P .22 compacts and my Browning 1911-22 simply to reinforce muscle memory. But none of those is a carry gun for me.

I carry SIG's and Kimber, which are mini 1911's made to be carried cocked and locked. No choice on the safeties there. But as a former Glock Girl for 20 years, I agree that with a striker fired gun a thumb safety is not one bit necessary if you practice safe gun handling.

Reactions: Rick M
1 - 7 of 7 Posts