MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace my front sight with a fiber optic of the same height. Is one available? Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
diff's?

Is there any difference in the two FO sights. I'm looking to get one as well(green). Is there one that is prefered over the other? anyone have any pics of the FO's on their M&P's?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Steelshooter said:
How durable are these things? Would you use it for carry?

The HI-VIZ is encapsulated or overmolded to protect the FO rod. Comes in red or green. Do a google search for Hi-Viz website and you can see them. As for the others, some are big and some are small. Either trijicon or truglo has tritium plus FO in one. That would seem to be good for a carry gun, although I've never used any but the Hi-Viz on my 5" 1911. Mine has interchangeable FO rods, but alot of them are one color only. I would use one on a carry gun, but I'd be choosey about how its made and would have to have a good holster with some type of sight channel and the muzzle could not stick out the bottom of the holster as the FO rod could possibly snag. But that's me........

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Thanks for the info. At 48 my eyes aren't what they used to be but I would only put one of these on a pistol if I could also use it for carry.

·
Registered
100 Posts
mike benedict said:
I don't care for the hi-viz at all they are too wide

Mike- Us old farts need bigger & brighter sights. Ask you're old buddy from Columbus. Now I've got you thinkin', huh?!? Me & him go back to high-school days, we ran around together. He was down just this past week (back to his old hometown).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Steelshooter said:
Thanks for the info. At 48 my eyes aren't what they used to be but I would only put one of these on a pistol if I could also use it for carry.

When you get some time do some research on FO sights. They're a Godsend for us older shooters. I'm 58 & I've got two sets, one on Kimber Eclipse and the other on Browning Buckmark and I plan on buying more. They made a world of difference in Picking up the front sight in a variety of light conditions. As I stated in my earlier post with the right holster they'll work fine on a carry gun. If you use leather, that covers or extends down to the muzzle, it'd be fine. Kydex would work too, if the holster covered the muzzle's sides & top of the slide. The reason I emphasize this is depending on how the FO sight is made, it can catch and possibly break the rod. The Hi-Viz I have has some of the rod sticking out towards the muzzle and slightly protrudes out the front of the sight. Conceivably, it could snag & break on a kydex holster. Not as likely IMO with leather. On the other hand, overmolded sights would give some degree of protection to the FO rod.

·
Registered
599 Posts
FO sights

You might try Dawson. Kenny is great to deal with also. I thought about FO/NS from

HiVis , but I have not had good luck with their products. IMO Good luck

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks for the pic Yukon.

-Blake

·
Registered
100 Posts
YukonGlocker- Is yours overmolded? Do you get any glare off of it? I've got the old style on my Kimber & Buckmark and have no problems with glare. Just wondering as I'm wanting one for the M&P 45 and haven't seen the overmolded sight in person.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts