MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
walkingbush said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I understand your question. You want to get a holster so that you may WEAR the firearm while traveling between your home/work/etc to your range and you DON'T currently have a concealed carry permit?

If that is the case then I would strongly encourage you to take a very close look at the laws of your state. I'm not a lawyer and I don't know VA's laws so I'm not sure but I do know that where I'm from (Oregon) that equals a very quick trip to the local correctional facility.

As mentioned by 1stTimer, Virginia does not require a permit in order to open carry. In fact, many even open carry exclusively despite having a permit.

As for the Serpa, one of my buddies carries one pretty often. From what I can tell, it is a great range/ open carry holster (locking mechanism) but might stick out too much for great concealment (big issue with lots of kydex). However, have heard it takes training to master the draw with it. I think its a winner for your purposes. It goes for around $40.

Hey 1stTimer, this is getting expensive, ain't it?
Speaking of which, I think I got a line on that ammo I mentioned before. Call me anytime to get the scoop.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.