MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I've put about 500 rounds through my new MP 2.0 Full Size and was wondering if this barrell wear is normal for such a young gun. I'm hoping its ok only cosmetic so I dont have to send my gun in. What are your thought? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same wear on my 2.0 Compact with just over 500 rounds and was wondering the same thing. Mine shows a little more than yours in exact same spot on the barrel. I now run that spot more wet than usual ( more oil). I haven’t had one misfire, and it doesn't seem to be affecting the performance of the gun. It started to show on mine pretty early.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same wear on my 2.0 Compact with just over 500 rounds and was wondering the same thing. Mine shows a little more than yours in exact same spot on the barrel. I now run that spot more wet than usual ( more oil). I haven’t had one misfire, and it doesn't seem to be affecting the performance of the gun. It started to show on mine pretty early.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the area won't continue to wear. I'm just going to keep running the gun wet in that area. I was only concerned because my Sig 320 has no such wear with over 20k rounds fired. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the area won't continue to wear. I'm just going to keep running the gun wet in that area. I was only concerned because my Sig 320 has no such wear with over 20k rounds fired. Thanks for your reply.
No prob. Funny you mentioned the sig 320. I almost bought a P320X RMR full size today but before I could get my credit card out the online store was out of stock. How do you like your Sig?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No prob. Funny you mentioned the sig 320. I almost bought a P320X RMR full size today but before I could get my credit card out the online store was out of stock. How do you like your Sig?
I love the Sig! But honestly I am liking the S&W MP 2.0 much better. I feel like the grip is better and it feels a touch lighter. Personally, I seem to get more accurate shots with the Smith. The Smith will be my primary weapon over the Sig.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's normal wear as previously mentioned just keep a dab of oil on the barrel hood also one the lube points shown in the manual .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts