MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for 2 mag pouches. I can't give a discount, but you can try them out with an option to buy.

Let the list begin

RH only

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
josh said:
1. hutchb4

2. tsix

3. UPSguy

4. josh

Thanks for cleaning that up.. I'll try to have them out by thursday.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is it too late to get in on this? How much will they be if we elect to purchase? Thank you!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is ongoing, as soon as one person either decides to pass, or buy, The next set gets sent out. just add your name to the list in your post..

The price is what is on the MP-store.com

·
Registered
910 Posts
Who wants them next?! I currently have them . Dino92g was next in line, but declined as he doesn't want to try them without having a proper holster for his M&P - which is completely understandable!

If someone wants them PM me with an address, and I'll get 'em out ASAP. Thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
For those of you who have tried them I have a question. I passed on these as the 1911 version ripped the crap out of my $100 belt and didn't want to do it again with these. Did you find that an issue?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPSguy said:
For those of you who have tried them I have a question. I passed on these as the 1911 version ripped the crap out of my $100 belt and didn't want to do it again with these. Did you find that an issue?

How exactly did they rip the belt? your supposed to clip them on, and they arn't that sharp.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Jester said:
[quote name='UPSguy']For those of you who have tried them I have a question. I passed on these as the 1911 version ripped the crap out of my $100 belt and didn't want to do it again with these. Did you find that an issue?

How exactly did they rip the belt? your supposed to clip them on, and they arn't that sharp.[/quote]

1 of the 2 was pretty sharp and the clips weren't big enough to fit over a Galco 1.5" belt without digging into the leather. I thought you and I already discussed this?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, Can you get measurements with a caliper off your galco?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Jester said:
Nope, Can you get measurements with a caliper off your galco?

1.57" tall and .265" thick. I thought we corresponded back and forth after my review of the 1911 pouches.

·
Registered
308 Posts
UPSguy said:

I have 3 Beltman 1.5" belts. No issues with the clips at all.

Might as well go ahead and drop a short review on you guys...

Pro: I found the clips to be well formed and pretty much identical, nicely done for what I assume are hand formed. They were light and held the mags very secure. I think they would serve well for concealed carry and totting around on the farm. I have no experience with competition, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Con: Not much wrong with em. About the only thing that I would be concerned with is the thickness of the kydex. However, I must mention that I had no problems with them and the weight would have to be an advantage when carrying mags all day? Kydex is pretty tuff stuff, so this is probably just a mental thing as I am used to thicker stock...

Overall, I give them a thumbs up!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPSguy said:
[quote name='Jester']Nope, Can you get measurements with a caliper off your galco?

1.57" tall and .265" thick. I thought we corresponded back and forth after my review of the 1911 pouches.[/quote]

No, not that I can remember... We mic'd out the jig and it is 1.503, thats why I'd guess you'd have problems. We didn't want to make it sloppy, on belts. Bout the only way to get around this issue is to custom fit them to each belt, or send a disclaimer that you may have to file the hooks to get a custom fit.

No matter, We can only try to satisfy, there will always be some unforeseen problem out there.

·
Registered
495 Posts
No harm no foul there Jester. You released a good product, unfortunately it just didn't work for me.

I found out long ago that my belt was a little oversized when the Alessi/Heinie double mag pouch was almost impossible to slide on the belt. Lou Alessi and I talked and he had me measure the belt. Sure enough, it was a little oversized from usual 1.5" specs in both height and thickness. He went way above the call and offered to have me send my belt in and he would thin the edges and refinish it. Should have taken him up on that as your pouches would then fit. Oh, why didn't I take him up on it. The belt wasn't his fault and I will not have someone else pay to fix something they had no control over. I can be a jerk but I always try and be an honorable jerk.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Why do I still have these? Went through a box of gun parts, and found these two mag holders tucked nicely inside. Someone PM me with an address so I can get these out of my hands. Jester, if you want them back shoot me an addy. They're still perfect/new.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts