Discussion Starter #1
Fullsized 9

Rev N

Rounds today: 400 115gr Monarch Brass

Total count: 950 mixed type.

Failures today: Slide not locking back after last round: 7

FTF: 2

FTE: 1

I have been noticing on here that even with the fullsized nine, most say it ejects the spent brass pretty forcefully; however I end up with atleast 5 from each mag on my arms/shoulders/face/chest and just to be sure it was not me limp wristing it, I held it as tight as I could and had two others fire it with the same results. I have never seen this with another gun, anyone have similiar problems? Is there something I can look for?

Second I need some advice on shot placement/grips. The range had a set distance of 25 yds so I wasnt expecting dead center; but I am interested in the patterns.

With the medium grip I was consistantly left of target. After switching to the larger grip I was only slightly left, but consistantly high. Any Ideas on both subjects?

Sorry they are not clear and there are a whole lot of rounds on them; but the first is with the medium grip.

This is with the large grip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe try to find an outdoor range and work from 3-7 yards out from the holster or from the ready postion and load a couple of dummy rounds to watch for slapping of your trigger. Pay attention to your trigger manipulation and reset and just go slow. You might even try some dry fire for a while before sending rounds down range but nothing beats having those dummy rounds showing you if your slapping you trigger or flinching in anticipation of recoil. As to your brass and where it winds up it might be the tension on your ejector is jacked up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As far as reliability...try some different ammo

As for shooting left...try using just the very tip of your trigger finger and concentrate on pulling straight back

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply; I will try to keep up with the dry firing. I have been keeping an eye on my trigger habits at home with about 10 dry fires for each live round sent down range. I will try to have a buddy load some snap caps randomly into the mag to see what is happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts