MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Issues with Shield Plus Shooting Left?
Is see one facebook so many others posting about it but is anyone here having issues

·
Registered
281 Posts
Unless the sights are noticeably off.. you should really consider your technique. Smaller pistols require finer dexterity to aim while pulling the trigger. Do some slow dry fire practice. Keep your eye on the front sight while pulling the trigger. You will most likely see the sight moves when the trigger breaks.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Like citizenX has said, a smaller gun needs a different grip technique and trigger press.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Like citizenX has said, a smaller gun needs a different grip technique and trigger press.
I don’t believe that it “needs” anything different than what other handguns require; a good grip, sight picture, good trigger press, and follow through.

That said; the smaller guns with shorter barrels will sure let you know if you’re not well grounded in the basic skills...

·
Registered
317 Posts
My "technique" is the same for all my pistols. I've shot the same way for a half century.
Is my technique perfect or flawless ? Heck no, but it works.

If I get ahold of a pistol that shoots left, I move the rear sight a bit to the right.
If I have to move it a noticeable amount, where it looks no longer centered, I split the difference and move the rear sight slightly to the right, and also move the front sight slightly to the left.
Shoot a few more rounds, and adjust from there.

Remember, always move the rear sight the same direction you want your hits to go, and move the front sight the opposite direction.
I don't need no stinkin" grip charts, or to have to remember to squeeze my trigger a different way each time I shoot.
But if you are a beginning shooter, it's always a good idea to get some proper instruction so as to not develop bad habits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can tell you the shield plus is spot on. You want to see a pistol that shoots left? Try a hellcat...I have one and it was off by quite a bit out of the box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol Can you guarantee every Shield is spot on?
Absolutely not, but low and left is notoriously a trigger finger issue especially with these little “micro 9s”. I’d be surprised if it was bench tested and still shot low and left.

For example People are passionate about their p365s and talk about how they are the best and they’ve had no issues with theirs...well my first 1 had 3 strikers break and my new one has had rust issues on the sights/mag release button and mags. There’s always random stuff here and there but accuracy has been a problem with any shield. I’ve had 5 throughout the years and haven’t come across any complaints on that subject.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts