MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after almost 4 months of waiting I finally have my first AR

Back on April 30 I called a dealer and placed an order for a Rock River Arms, I knew it would take about 6-8 weeks so I thought I'd just wait & would get it soon. The next day I got a call back and was told that the ARMS 40lp rear flip sights were on back order so it may delay the rifle .... I told the guy to just order it without the rear sight and I would get one from someplace else. Figured I might as well get the rifle order in and get the sight whenever I can.

Well about 6 weeks go by and I get the rear sight in the mail direct from ARMS .... now I just need the rifle. I wait 3 more weeks and having recieved no call from the store yet I decide to call them. Nope ... not in yet, he has to call Rock River on Monday. I call back the next week ... still nothing. Two weeks later and still nothing, the only info is that Rock River is having problems getting barrels from thier supplier.

Finally I get a call from the dealer around August 8, they are still having problems getting parts and they estimate that it can take another 6-8 weeks (and possibly even more) before they can ship it. So the dealer asks me what I wanted to do and told him I'd call him back. Started a new search from different compnies to try, the problem is I wanted the mid-lenght which not everyone makes.

Looked around some and tried to come up with some ideas ..... and then I came across Armalite, and from what I could find they are a good company. Looked at thier choices and they had what I wanted. Went back to the store the next day and had them call Armalite to check price & availability. As luck would have it they had what I wanted available and "in stock" !!!! So I had the store cancel the first order and place a new order with Armalite since I wouldn't loose my $300 deposit.

I get a call the next week saying it's shipped and another call this monday that it's in.

So here it is, my first AR, nothing fancy just the basics;

Armalite 223 M-15A4 Carbine, Chrome lined barrel, Match Trigger, flip front & rear sights (all's I need now is a scope mount riser so I can mount the rear sight & scope at the same time, not that I can use both together, just want it that way)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The excitement you feel now will pale in comparison to the thrill you'll have shooting it. Grats, and welcome to the club

ETA: Armalites not only a good company, but they're the ones who designed the AR (in conjuction with Colt)... that is what AR stands for... ARmalite. So feel good in owning the original

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yea, they make very nice guns. I was looking at getting a http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item...1f-d045b91324c3 or maybe a Barrett http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx but I would have a hard time finding a place that allows 50BMG around here... and the round are two dollars a piece, so iunno... LOL

Anyways, yea man, good job and I hope you like it. Look at getting some Magpul PMAG clips... I have 6 right now ( 186 rounds with all of them fully loaded) and a lcu with 12 strippers full @ 10 rds... but when you go to the range and fire the gun... it is worse then Pringles... you won't stop until you've spent your retirement on ammo. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.