MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after almost 4 months of waiting I finally have my first AR

Back on April 30 I called a dealer and placed an order for a Rock River Arms, I knew it would take about 6-8 weeks so I thought I'd just wait & would get it soon. The next day I got a call back and was told that the ARMS 40lp rear flip sights were on back order so it may delay the rifle .... I told the guy to just order it without the rear sight and I would get one from someplace else. Figured I might as well get the rifle order in and get the sight whenever I can.

Well about 6 weeks go by and I get the rear sight in the mail direct from ARMS .... now I just need the rifle. I wait 3 more weeks and having recieved no call from the store yet I decide to call them. Nope ... not in yet, he has to call Rock River on Monday. I call back the next week ... still nothing. Two weeks later and still nothing, the only info is that Rock River is having problems getting barrels from thier supplier.

Finally I get a call from the dealer around August 8, they are still having problems getting parts and they estimate that it can take another 6-8 weeks (and possibly even more) before they can ship it. So the dealer asks me what I wanted to do and told him I'd call him back. Started a new search from different compnies to try, the problem is I wanted the mid-lenght which not everyone makes.

Looked around some and tried to come up with some ideas ..... and then I came across Armalite, and from what I could find they are a good company. Looked at thier choices and they had what I wanted. Went back to the store the next day and had them call Armalite to check price & availability. As luck would have it they had what I wanted available and "in stock" !!!! So I had the store cancel the first order and place a new order with Armalite since I wouldn't loose my $300 deposit.

I get a call the next week saying it's shipped and another call this monday that it's in.

So here it is, my first AR, nothing fancy just the basics;

Armalite 223 M-15A4 Carbine, Chrome lined barrel, Match Trigger, flip front & rear sights (all's I need now is a scope mount riser so I can mount the rear sight & scope at the same time, not that I can use both together, just want it that way)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The excitement you feel now will pale in comparison to the thrill you'll have shooting it. Grats, and welcome to the club

ETA: Armalites not only a good company, but they're the ones who designed the AR (in conjuction with Colt)... that is what AR stands for... ARmalite. So feel good in owning the original

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grimwulff said:
ETA: Armalites not only a good company, but they're the ones who designed the AR (in conjuction with Colt)... that is what AR stands for... ARmalite. So feel good in owning the original

Did not know that .... nice to know I didn't get a piece of junk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yea, they make very nice guns. I was looking at getting a http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item...1f-d045b91324c3 or maybe a Barrett http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx but I would have a hard time finding a place that allows 50BMG around here... and the round are two dollars a piece, so iunno... LOL

Anyways, yea man, good job and I hope you like it. Look at getting some Magpul PMAG clips... I have 6 right now ( 186 rounds with all of them fully loaded) and a lcu with 12 strippers full @ 10 rds... but when you go to the range and fire the gun... it is worse then Pringles... you won't stop until you've spent your retirement on ammo. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts