MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new MP 45 is here at the SHOT SHOW, it's a real dream machine. Well balanced with 10 rnd Mag comes in Black and Dark earth Brown with External safety as an option. S&W put the Safety in the Safety Lock Area. The ones at the show all had extended slide stops. Some had external safeties, very functional and in the right place for easy access to the user. The optional Interlock System is not available on the 45 ACP Model. All for the show models had the Picatinny Rail. It weight 29.6 oz trigger pull 6.5 lbs night sights optional. It only comes in DA and will be available Feb 2007 to the general public. Orders will be accepted pending pricing no price as of this report I'm already in line so it forms at the rear Tks PosseLaw

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are any of the major distributors taking orders for it or do we have to call Smith directly and place the order?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
if you think they look good just wait until shoot one very very nice you will have to have one then. I was fortunate enough today to get to shoot a couple and they were awesome. The thumb safety is in the perfect place to rest your thumb on for shooting it blocks the movement of the trigger not just disconnects it. The recoil is real impressive, I will have at least one of these.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
if you think they look good just wait until shoot one very very nice you will have to have one then. I was fortunate enough today to get to shoot a couple and they were awesome. The thumb safety is in the perfect place to rest your thumb on for shooting it blocks the movement of the trigger not just disconnects it. The recoil is real impressive, I will have at least one of these.

Here they are!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
m4arc said:
Wow, those look great! I can hardly wait to shoot one.

I hope to get one soon for more pics!!

Y

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I spent some time on both 45's and I can say they handle well and were very accurate. Fast groups were easy to keep into about 3 inches at ten yards with a full magazine. Slow fire would stack them right on top of each other.

Another piece of good news from working with crimson trace this week is we found the M&P laser fits the 45 perfectly.

I checked some of the rounds I had fired and all primer strikes were real solid. So i would say that is no longer an issue. From the entire day I was there with Smith and then with crimson trace I seen 0 malfunctions. This will find it's way into my duty holster and SWAT rig soon. CHECK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think these pictures combined with my experiences with the MP 9mm have just about sealed the deal for me.

I have a MP .45 in my future.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Here I go again.....

Guess I better hurry and pay off my MP compact so I can go in debt again!
When does this insidious gun buying habit ever end???

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dan or David,

Is there anyway the MP9 can be retrofitted with a thumb safety? Sorry, old habits die hard (1911).

John

·
Registered
533 Posts
roberto-232 said:
Any Idea if the M&P .45 will be like the XD's....where the XD-40 and XD-45 will fit in the same holsters?

They look very similar!!

But I think it's longer though!!

Y

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
JohnN I am not sure if the 1911 style safety can be put in the 9's I have not got that far into the gun yet. I'll Check on that. CHECK 360 David

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know the pistols are brand new, but does anybody know if anybody is making duty holsters yet? I know that Safariland came out with duty holsters for the M&P 40's ASAP.

·
Registered
298 Posts
deputymeaux said:
I know the pistols are brand new, but does anybody know if anybody is making duty holsters yet? I know that Safariland came out with duty holsters for the M&P 40's ASAP.

I have heard that the M&P45 will fit in all of the current M&P9/40 holsters out on the market now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts