MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm impressed

Took the M&P 9mm out for it's first day at the range.

I brought an ammo can of about 1400 reloads and 2 boxes of Gold Dots.

Set up my silhouette targets on the line and loaded up.

I shot about 153 rounds of reloads without a single malfunction. Then I loaded a magazine with 17 rounds of 124 grain +P Gold Dots and fired them off without any malfunctions.

Next I loaded the magazines alternating Gold Dots and reloads, same story. This is getting boring.

Accuracy was impressive, I was putting all the rounds in under 2" at 15 yds. at 25 yds 3" groups were the norm. The gun hit almost exactly at point of aim. I was concerned a bit due to my dry fire practice and having the muzzle "jump" up and too the right a bit, but actual fire was unaffected.

I can only imagine what she'll be like after I have the trigger worked on.

Now I just have to wait for the department to have an open qualification so I can carry it on and off duty..........Oh yeah, I'll have to get a Safariland holster for it.

Total round count for the day was about 300 or so.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
madecove,

Your range report sounds great!

I can't wait to pick up my M&P9 tomorrow, the mandatory 10 day waiting period will be over. I am sure looking forward to shooting it. I own a number of handguns (mostly S&W's) but this will be my first polymyer gun. I could not warm up to the Glocks at all and had little interest in the Springfield XD's, but when I started to read about and then checked out the S&W M&P's I got real interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts