MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Miroku Liberty Chief in .38 Spl, it is a compact revolver that I just inherited from my father. Does anyone have any information about it, I would like to know how many are around, how much they are worth, and anything else that is interesting about them. The grip is tiny, and the angle is horrible...but overall the gun shoots great, I put together some good groups out to 25 yds.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Made in Japan. I believe they are still being made today. Do not know who imports them or their value.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
I found this:

Miroku Special Police

Notes: This weapon was built for the Japanese Police, who were allowed only revolvers after World War 2. Unfortunately, the Miroku did not appear on the scene until 1967, and by this time, the Model 60 was already the standard Japanese Police handgun. Thus, almost the entire production run was exported to the US under the names EIG and Liberty Chief. The Miroku is a cheap, snub-nosed revolver, but a serviceable one. It comes in 5 and 6-round models, both with the same names

http://www.pmulcahy.com/revolvers/japanese_revolvers.htm

It has little to no collectors value, it's a shooter, not a collectible.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, I appreciate the help on this one. I found one on gunbroker.com after looking as well. I guess it's ok that it doesn't have too much value, as I am not sure I could part with it anyway. I will have to find a way to make some new grips for it, and who knows I might end up liking it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Proven innefective against Mothra and Godzilla.

·
Registered
501 Posts
koumiss45 said:
I have a Miroku Liberty Chief in .38 Spl, it is a compact revolver that I just inherited from my father. Does anyone have any information about it, I would like to know how many are around, how much they are worth, and anything else that is interesting about them. The grip is tiny, and the angle is horrible...but overall the gun shoots great, I put together some good groups out to 25 yds.

It was your dad's therefore priceless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts