MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, noticed this crack radiating from the hinge pin hole on a brand new 9 before firing a shot. So it DOES occur. I sent this back to smith, and we'll see what they do about it.

While I think it would not suffer catastropic failure soon (I could not get the crack to expand), I would not trust this to my life.

I guess I should buy a lotto ticket ehh :?

Extra points if you can guess what edition of Brownells that is

·
Registered
178 Posts
Could you put an arrow where the crack is....I'm not sure that I see it. I do see what appears to be a slight imperfection in the molding process (I think). It's just hard to tell if it's a crack from the picture.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
texagun said:
Could you put an arrow where the crack is....I'm not sure that I see it. I do see what appears to be a slight imperfection in the molding process (I think). It's just hard to tell if it's a crack from the picture.

Look at the hinge pin, it is radiating from the bottom of the hole, that black line is a crack, sorry, my digicam cannot focus well close in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
MNPvsG said:
[quote name='texagun']Could you put an arrow where the crack is....I'm not sure that I see it. I do see what appears to be a slight imperfection in the molding process (I think). It's just hard to tell if it's a crack from the picture.

Look at the hinge pin, it is radiating from the bottom of the hole, that black line is a crack, sorry, my digicam cannot focus well close in.[/quote]

You're right. I just looked at mine and it doesn't have that crack. Let us know what S&W says....and thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the replacement, and a free mag, they need to tighten up their QC but kudos to their customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts