MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry IWB and for some reason I wind up with a bunch of little holes in my shirts, I believe from the rear sight. Anyone else have this issue and what solutions have you come up with? My wife is always on my about this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
:eek: Haven't run into any issues with that yet... hope I don't either!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have that problem either, but have you tried changing the cant (angle), maybe rotating it 10 degrees forward or back. Also what position on your hip are you in? 3, 3:30, 4? Do you do a lot of sitting? In a hard chair? Maybe change the position of the holster to avoid that pinch point between your gun and chair. Just some thoughts/suggestions I had.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carry at about four and with a little foreward cant. I'll take a look and see if changing the cant might make a difference. I do sit a lot with it since I'm almost always wearing it, that was the thought I has, that it happened while sitting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't have an aftermarket sight, will say that the corners of the sight do feel shart or pointy and I can see how they could cause holes. I'm surprised nobody else has experienced this.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the same issue. Also, most of my shirts are all pilled on the right from OCing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you figured out a solution? I mean come on, if we are the only ones having this issue we must be doing something wrong, right?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe just the only ones looking at your shirts. I dont know because I dont look that closely. The wife hasnt gigged me for it yet, either.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Been carrying for many years and have never had the problem you have. You must be doing something different than most of us.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Have you figured out a solution? I mean come on, if we are the only ones having this issue we must be doing something wrong, right?
I just realize my shirts get ruined quicker and don't worry about it... :eek:n2long:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are your shirts long, so you are sitting on them? Are they a little tight?

If your shirts are long and you are sitting on the tail, as you shift around the fabric gets tight and is dragging across the sight. I have this problem with a knife that I carried in my back pocket.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are on the long side but kinda have to be to conceal well, not tight though.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I carry IWB and for some reason I wind up with a bunch of little holes in my shirts, I believe from the rear sight. Anyone else have this issue and what solutions have you come up with? My wife is always on my about this.
I have them in many of my tee shirts; mostly from my 1911's. I don't know if it's from the rear sights, rear of the slide, or what.

So far; no problems when carrying my plastic pistols like my M&P's or my CM9.

Tell her that the occasional shirt replacement is CHEAP INSURANCE!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes! Holes in all my shirts.
I carry my M&P M2.0 9 compact 4 inch barrel appendix every day since May 2020.
At first I thought it was the aggressive grips.
Those will wear on your shirts but do so evenly over a larger area.
But the little holes, I've found the problem is the rear slide cocking serrations which although they are shallow are sharp and eventually wear little holes in the exact same spot.
This IS absolutely the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes! Holes in all my shirts.
I carry my M&P M2.0 9 compact 4 inch barrel appendix every day since May 2020.
At first I thought it was the aggressive grips.
Those will wear on your shirts but do so evenly over a larger area.
But the little holes, I've found the problem is the rear slide cocking serrations which although they are shallow are sharp and eventually wear little holes in the exact same spot.
This IS absolutely the problem.
Well dang if I didn't prove myself wrong on this one.
Turns out I have the same problem with a SIG P365XL in a different Appendix Inside the Waist Band holster.
I also suspected I was wrong when I noticed another fellow AIWB carry acquaintance/person with a Glock that had the same problem with his shirts.
Looks like the problem isn't how sharp or angular the the slide, slide serrations, sights or any other part of the gun is.
But the fact that I hit hard surfaces as I lean against everyday stuff like counter tops, desks etc. which smashes my shirt between two hard surfaces causing holes.
I tested this by putting on a new shirt that had no holes for all of yesterday and half of the day.. and was amazed to find only a day and a half later I already have two holes in my shirt that where not there before.
So to prevent this, don't lean up against or hit hard surfaces when you have any hard surfaces of your firearm or holster just behind your shirt.
Another way to prevent it would be to tuck your shirt between your holstered firearm and your body instead of in front of it while you are ok with you gun being exposed, then cover it again when you need to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Carry at about four and with a little foreward cant. I'll take a look and see if changing the cant might make a difference. I do sit a lot with it since I'm almost always wearing it, that was the thought I has, that it happened while sitting.
So I'm guessing that you carry at 4:00? I used to have that issue. Also gretting in and out of the car sux too. I eventually went to appendix carry and that fixed it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts