MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a quality leather inside the waistband holster specifically made for the M&Pc?

Don Hume has one listed for the full size M&P -

I like the snug fit of a holster that is molded to my specific gun -

Been packing a PM9 IWB for a while now - plan to start using the M&P9c as a carry weapon and want to stick with current method.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gave Don Hume a call - they have the IWB for the M&Pc - in black - in stock (brown was out of stock) so I went ahead and bought it - got one for my full size M&P while I was at it. $27.60 each - $63.70 total - ($8.50 shipping) seems like a pretty good deal for 2 leather holsters.

I have heard many good things about K&D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered a MIlt Sparka VM-2 for my M&P40c , about three weeks ago. Only 20 more weeks to go and I'll have it. :? ......Yes, a long wait!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I will second choochboost's recommendation of the K&D Cochise Defender. Anything from K&D will be very nice. The Dakota Defender is a favorite of many also!

I own one of the Cochise Defenders and it is an awesome holster!! Excellent build quality and craftsmanship. It tucks in nice and tight and is very comfortable. You will also have to search long and hard to find a better company to deal with. Kevin is a great guy! Give him a call, he is great to talk with (http://www.kdholsters.com/ ). There is a waiting period involved but well worth the wait. IMHO, his holsters are some of the best holsters made considering quality and value!

Here are a few pictures of my holster.

Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
mpc holster

Hey guys, first post on this forum (though I have been an avid reader for a while. I recently purchased a Don Hume IWB holster for my M&Pc at a gun show. It is the clip on model. For the price I am very happy with it. In all fairness I only carry for short periods of time, and under certain circumstances. I like that it is thin and easy to put on and take off. It does hold the pistol tight, with minimal movemet on draw. Recently, I did wear it for the better part of a day and found it to be relatively comfortable. However, it does not have a sweat shield; I would prefer one for daily wear. If wearing daily I would opt for the MS VMII which I find to be super comfortable but a bit more cumbersome to put on and take off (speaking of the snaps).

·
Registered
106 Posts
CompTac Infidel or any K&D holsters. BTW, I had the chance to talk to Gary (owner of CompTac) a few days ago. Really good guy and very knowledgeable. Anyhow, they are apparently working a new holster. I got the chance to take a quick look at it, and it seems really promising.

Oh, I almost forgot, he was carrying an M&P. :wink:
:wink:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
slomo said:
CompTac Infidel...
He's looking for leather.

BTW, I had the chance to talk to Gary (owner of CompTac) a few days ago. Really good guy and very knowledgeable. Anyhow, they are apparently working a new holster. I got the chance to take a quick look at it, and it seems really promising.
Tell us more.

·
Registered
106 Posts
First of all, quick correction. His name is Greg...not Gary. :roll:
:roll:

Chooch:

It was a leather/kydex OWB holster, with two loops. The back and loop of the holster is leather. However, the molding is kydex and interchangeable!!! Meaning, if you own different type of firearm, you just have to purchase the kydex molding and not the entire holster. It was a really neat concept. It looks very similar to the M-TAC, but it an OWB. Sorry I can't give you more details, but Greg would only give me the main features of the holster.

It's still undergoing a torture test, but he promised that it should be available soon. :wink:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
slomo said:
Sorry I can't give you more details, but Greg would only give me the main features of the holster.
That's okay, thanks for the info. That's enough to tell me I won't be interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts