MP-Pistol Forum banner

Which do you prefer: IWB or OWB

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IWB or OWB….Which do you prefer?

I’ve been using one of these exclusively but think I want to switch so I’d like to know which you prefer and WHY?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
IWB I think works better for concealment but less for comfort.. I would rather be a little uncumffy and know it is hard to see I am packing than the other way around...

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
IWB for me. Less hassle concealing that way. I usually only wear a T-shirt as a cover garment. The rig matters though - I use a CTAC that I made comfortable. Its the perfect concealment holster for me. Once in a while, if I'm wearing a jacket and I know it won't be coming off, I'll go OWB just for kicks and giggles.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
choochboost said:
IWB for me. Less hassle concealing that way. I usually only wear a T-shirt as a cover garment. The rig matters though - I use a CTAC that I made comfortable. Its the perfect concealment holster for me. Once in a while, if I'm wearing a jacket and I know it won't be coming off, I'll go OWB just for kicks and giggles.

you saucy saucy man...

did you customize your IWB???

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='choochboost']IWB for me. Less hassle concealing that way. I usually only wear a T-shirt as a cover garment. The rig matters though - I use a CTAC that I made comfortable. Its the perfect concealment holster for me. Once in a while, if I'm wearing a jacket and I know it won't be coming off, I'll go OWB just for kicks and giggles.

you saucy saucy man...

did you customize your IWB???[/quote]

Only somewhat. Switched the tabs around and strategically applied Moleskin. It is comfortable so I don't need to switch to the MTAC and I still get the all-kydex draw of the CTAC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I carry my 9c in a Taqua IWB, very comfortable and conceals well. This in South Louisiana where you don't wear heavy clothing very often

·
Registered
44 Posts
OWB - why? IWB is just un-comfortable to me. Call me crazy but have found SOB to be the most comfortable for me.

K

·
Registered
792 Posts
OWB

It's far more comfortable and not that much more difficult to conceal IMO.

IWB is a nice option to have available.But i now carry OWB whenever i can get away with it.

Edit-NTM it's much faster/easier to draw from.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have both. I prefer OWB and would do that 90% of the time, only switching to IWB when it absolutely has to be concealed. Of course I've become a lot less uptight about flashing or printing than I was when I first started carrying. Most people don't see it, don't care, or won't say anything one way or the other.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have both and use both. In a perfect world I'd go OWB all the time, but the IWB is just so much easier to conceal. Plus the MTAC is fairly comfortable - I go IWB about 80% of the time.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I’ve been using one of these exclusively but think I want to switch so I’d like to know which you prefer and WHY?

+1 to those who said both. Much prefer OWB for comfort, however it just isn't as concealable, especially in the summer when cover garments are impractical.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use OWB exclusively. I use a pancake holster carried at the 4:30-5:00 position (obviously, I'm a righty) covered by an untucked polo/henley/t-shirt. I'm also a somewhat...er...robust* fellow, so my pants are big enough already.

*6'6", 450 lbs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
IWB exclusively. Made a holster (based on a Crossbreed Supertuck but fits my M&P 357c with TLR-3 attached) Played around with the size of the leather backing and ended up making it a little larger than my crossbreed and it turned out very comfortable. Just this last week I drove from Florida to Pittsburgh and back, wearing it in the car the whole 17hours each way and I barely knew it was there....even with the light attached.

5'10 175lbs

·
Registered
585 Posts
Either holster works for me .... It just depends on the scenario ..... but the OWB seems a little more comfy .... and a quicker draw ....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts