MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Shield for my main carry and an LCP for other circumstances. I don't really think this full size is ideal but if I did decide I wanted to carry it, what are some good options for it? I think it would weigh a ton but still, it would be nice to have the the option. FWIW, I am 5'10" and weigh 200, medium build, not overweight.

I have an Alien (1.0?, pre 2.0 anyway) for the Shield and really like it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Shield for my main carry and an LCP for other circumstances. I don't really think this full size is ideal but if I did decide I wanted to carry it, what are some good options for it? I think it would weigh a ton but still, it would be nice to have the the option. FWIW, I am 5'10" and weigh 200, medium build, not overweight.

I have an Alien (1.0?, pre 2.0 anyway) for the Shield and really like it.
For weight I am a fan of Stealthgear Ventcore, the padding on the back really helps, as an experiment I carried a full size USP 40 with jet funnel for a few days under a hoodie. I'm thin and that was really pushing size and weight for me.

If worked great. Only felt the weight, no discomfort or constantly shifting things around.

Stealth Gear USA | USA Made Concealable Holsters & Mag Carriers | Performance Concealed Carry Holsters Home Page

·
Registered
13 Posts
My current IWB holster for my FS M&P40 is a White Hat MaxTuck. Not a bad holster overall. It is a hybrid style, and fairly large. The gun is a bit loose in the holster when not being worn, but fits securly when wearing it. I'll add that is is very comfortable to wear. The large surface area spreads the weight around.

It is funny though. I was comparing my M&P40 to my old Colt Commander carry gun, and the size and weight isn't much different (the M&P is a bit thicker). I always though of the Commander as a medium size carry gun, but the M&P looks much beefier.

RSD

·
Registered
128 Posts
+1 Stealthgear ventcore is the most comfortable for me. Alean Gear is becoming a close second though. If you like your Alien Gear I would look at them for the FS also.

Plus Alien Gear is a sponsor of the forum.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You can just get another shell for your AG to fit the FS. When I ordered mine, I got one for my Shield and one for my XD Service. I just swap shells and use the same backer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I carry the LCP in a little DeSantis pocket holster. The Shield goes in the Alien. If I got another Alien, I would buy the whole thing, I wouldn't want to have to swap the shell all the time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I carry the LCP in a little DeSantis pocket holster. The Shield goes in the Alien. If I got another Alien, I would buy the whole thing, I wouldn't want to have to swap the shell all the time.
That's cool, too. Sometimes folks have seasonal CCW choices. Smaller in warm weather, larger in cool weather when you typically wear more layers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya. I'm that way too, in the summer, it's mostly LCP. I would much rather have at least the Shield with 9 rounds of Hornady +P HP.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use a Comp Tac MTAC with a full sized M&P 45. There is a lot of weight when fully loaded with 230 gr. cartridges but I have "Forgotten" it was there anyway. Good CCW Belt a must with full sized firearms.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
My current IWB holster for my FS M&P40 is a White Hat MaxTuck. Not a bad holster overall. It is a hybrid style, and fairly large. The gun is a bit loose in the holster when not being worn, but fits securly when wearing it. I'll add that is is very comfortable to wear. The large surface area spreads the weight around.

It is funny though. I was comparing my M&P40 to my old Colt Commander carry gun, and the size and weight isn't much different (the M&P is a bit thicker). I always though of the Commander as a medium size carry gun, but the M&P looks much beefier.

+1 for the WhiteHat! Especially for IWB carry. For OWB, I have a kydex Brian Gibson holster for my FS .40 Pro Series!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts

+1 for the WhiteHat! Especially for IWB carry. For OWB, I have a kydex Brian Gibson holster for my FS .40 Pro Series!

There's no disputing that a 1911 is one of the easiest pistols to CCW comfortably. Much more so than the double stack pistols; including the poly framed ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts