MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put deposit on used S&W Model 65 ( I was looking on it at the store, thinking i want it, then other guy came down and said he wants to buy that, so I put down $15 , so that gun is consider sold . lol)

Well, anyhow, is this considered as J frame or something else?

Not mine, but same gun, except mine has wood grip

·
Registered
471 Posts
YG is correct. The J Frame would be the smaller framed guns like the Chief's Special.

Ron

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I carried a model 66 as my duty weapon for years, the 66 is the same frame with adjustable sights. They are a great pistol!

edited to remove my blatant screw up! :wink:

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I was thinking about 38 special in the J Frame, I didn't even think about the 32 or 22 versions! I just screwed up that previous post, my mind must have been in next week somewhere, the old Model 10 Military & Police has been around for a very long time!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G56 said:
I carried a model 66 as my duty weapon for years, the 66 is the same frame with adjustable sights. They are a great pistol!

edited to remove my blatant screw up! :wink:

The gun i put down deposit for (LOL If you can call it that), used to belong to one of local deputy who used it for back up for his personal defence. So i was told anyway.

I liked it, because o f small grip. Most large grip revolver don't fit my hand right, but this does.

I just like to replace the beat up wood grip with something else tho

Well, i guess i have to pay up and pick up the bugger first huh?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Very nice revolver there! I just bought an old model 10 for my first revolver and I have been very happy with it. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be happy with yours too!

Long live Smith and Wesson

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. I'm thinking this would make nice carry gun when I feel like not carrying M&P (Currenty, when I don't feel like carrying M&P, i carry 1911 instead, and its little too heavy), or may be great bed side gun.

Good ol' six shooter... u rally can't get any more reliable then that...

I've been looking to get good 357 revolver for a while, and I was this close to close the deal on Rozzie Model R97206 (see the pic below), but i didn't care for 6" barrel, and i didn't care for their 4" and 2" models(they just felt funny for some reason).

Although, their mirror finish was nice, their detail finish quality left something to be desired. Besides, I'm more partial to S&W any how.

So hopefully, I'll like this. And if I don't, well, i really didn't pay that much for it ($319), i can always sell it and get my money back i figured...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts