MP-Pistol Forum banner

Jeff Cooper Passed Away Today...

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Puffy 
#1 ·
Hello. The man who contributed much to the world of firearms and particularly handgunning has passed. He died quietly at home this afternoon.

Col. Cooper was never one to leave a person wondering what side of an issue he was on and while I did not always agree with his opinions, I respected them and him.

As most probably know, he was and had been a leading advocate of the .45 ACP and 1911 pattern pistol and presented ideas on shooting and training that were considered novel at the time though more the norm today.

I met this man a time or two and he was most cordial on these occassions, but I cannot say that we knew each other, just chatted a few moments at NRA conventions.

In any event, Col. Cooper's passing while not a pure "gun issue" is at least "gun-related."

Best.

See less See more
#7 ·
Tis a sad day, my father got me in week long combat session with Col Cooper 25 years ago. What I learned, I still use and has saved my life more than once. Salutes to you Col. I miss you already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.