MP-Pistol Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
"Authorities did not find a weapon on either teen."

"Neither Baker nor Musteliel has a criminal record. The 16-year-old's record is also clean, said sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon."

Something still doesn't smell right to me about this. Unlike others, I'll wait until the facts are all in.
Agreed.

I don't like the way this one sounds at all. However, I wasn't there.

God Bless,

David

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
"Authorities did not find a weapon on either teen."

"Neither Baker nor Musteliel has a criminal record. The 16-year-old's record is also clean, said sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon."

Something still doesn't smell right to me about this. Unlike others, I'll wait until the facts are all in.

I don't know about Florida, but in Texas all deadly force cases must go before the Grand Jury.

I agree. Something doesn't smell right. Time will tell.

Easy to stash a weapon (considering, they'd be really stupid if they didn't) and it could be anywhere... (my luck, I'd find it with the mower).

No criminal records ? ...Could be their first time "got caught" crime and got their arses handed to them right off the bat.

...and, always my favorite. "But he was such a good boy" Ever met a Mother that didn't have a "good boy" ???

·
Registered
85 Posts
If this guy was a off duty Police Officer would you tell him to stay in his house and buy a treadmill because it's too dangerous at 1am to be running? My guess is you would not give it a second thought, but because you have the sheep mentality you assume everyone else should think as you do. Well you are WRONG!

Some of us work while others on banker hours sleep. This means our internal clock is setup differently and it forces us to be out and about at 1am or even 4am.

He did nothing wrong by running at 1am. My concern is the confrontation itself and what caused him to escalate to deadly force. Did the teen imply a firearm or weapon of some kind? What was said?

Family and friends of the teen all say this was a model kid and wouldn't hurt a soul, but why were these two out at 1am hanging out on the street? There are a lot of questions to be answered yet and once the facts come out and it is found that it was a bad shoot then the guy should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I feel bad for the family of the teen and I feel bad for the shooter.

Ok, so I knew I was going to get flamed for giving my opinion but the sheep comment was a little much. I have an opinion just like you. The purpose of an open forum is to express opinions and state facts if they are available. You don't know me any more than I know you. I wouldn't Judge your character or dedication to your rights based on an opinion you gave on an open forum. I openly support the 2a and every freedom that it stands for. I'm sorry if you disagree with my opinion, that's your right (1a)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Easy to stash a weapon (considering, they'd be really stupid if they didn't) and it could be anywhere... (my luck, I'd find it with the mower).
They weren't stupid, they were busy - one was busy getting 5 or 6 .45s in the chest while the other was busy running away. Unless you believe he shot the one he thought didn't have the weapon your statement doesn't make sense.

No criminal records ? ...Could be their first time "got caught" crime and got their arses handed to them right off the bat.
Why are most so quick to defend the shooter? He has no criminal record either but isn't it equally likely that this was his first time and the boys were his victims? How about if the jogger was black and the boys were white? Would you still feel the same way? (this is a question for the thread, not picking on MaddMax)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Race matters not.

Black, white, purple, green whatever.

If a War of the Worlds Alien Vessel came up my lands while shooting the place up, I can return fire. (Much good that will do)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree, race should be inconsequential but in our society it always becomes a factor. I blame the media, it's not a big story unless there is some socially inflammable topic involved.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts