MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a M&P 9mm- Short Range Report

Well, I broke down and bought a M&P 9mm full size pistol, after comparing it side by side with a G-17. I really like the small grip feel. I couldn't believe how well it fit my small mitts with 17 rounds in the magazine. If you have small hands, this is the hi-cap pistol for you! The sights are steel with three dots and plenty of room on both sides of the front sight.

I shot 200 rounds of WWB 115FMJ through it today. There were no jams or brass in the face, even with this lighter load. I tried to get this pistol to jam with limp wristing. I tried shooting it on both sides as well as upsidedown, but it ran fine.

I fired two-handed aimed fire from 10 yards and I was able to shoot about a 2-3" group. Recoil was a bit lighter than Glock 9mm pistols. I was able to deliver rapid repeated shots to the target with excellent combat accuracy. This pistol can shoot! Sorry, I didn't take any pics, but I can tell you that S&W did a great job designing this pistol.

Don

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vallhawke said:
Congrats on the new M&P9mm. I too just shot another 150 trouble free rounds on my M&P9mm. Thanks for the range report.

My pleasure!

Thanks, guys. Now, I need to look into holsters and night sights. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts