MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have experience with MEGA uppers/lowers? I've heard from several people they're pretty hard to get/find, and they've very high quality. So yesterday while surfing arfcom I saw a dealer who had some in stock, and grabbed a MEGA stripped lower, and a MEGA upper receiver package w/m4 ramps from him. Also got a STAG lower parts kit from him.

This is going to be my first AR build. I already have the 11.0" LaRue FF rail with tango down ladder rails and covers and whatnot, and an EOTech 553 sight.

What else do I need to finish it? Barrel, bolt carrier assembly, stock, and...? I have all the tools to build this myself, but will probably send it off to Grant at G&R and have him throw it together. I'm too lazy to do it myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mega lowers are good to go.

As for other parts, what are you going to ue it for? Build according to need and use. This will help to determine parts needs.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Josh you need to apply for a (SBR) Short Barrel Rifle, ATF stamp and get 11.5, or less barrel length. That would set your weapon off... :wink:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What am I using it for? Mainly just plinking, and a lot of it. This gun is going to be my .223 suppressor host. I want a quality gun, that feels tight, and is very reliable. I can get away with cheap crap, but I want a quality piece, and don't mind paying for it.

I probably will end up going with an SBR as well. Get a barrel about 10.5", slightly shorter than my handrail, so the suppressor only sticks out a few more inches.

So far I'm looking at:

Barrel- Noveske 10.5"

BCG- LMT BCG

Stock- Magpul CTR

BUIS- Troy front & rear folding sights

Am I missing something else to complete this rifle?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Laser/Flashlight?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My MEGA stuff left a FeEx location in Ft. Worth, Texas about 23 hours ago, according to FedEx. Should be here in a few days. Would have been here sooner, but CWS didn't ship it because my FFL slacked off as usual and didn't fax their signed FFL as told.

Anyways, I found the parts I want to get to add to the build:

Young mfg chrome national match bolt carrier w/LMT bolt - built and staked by the guys over at MSTN.biz

Magpul CTR or UBR - still can't decide

Magpul MIAD basic grip

Israeli made TDI K grip styled after the MP5 KDW grips for the foregrip. CAA makes some.

Still need a barrel. Trying to find a 12.5" or so barrel. I want it to be lightweight, as I don't want a heavy ass rifle. A 10.5" Noveske would be sweet as it would not stick out the end of the LaRue rail - only the suppressor would. And my suppressor is a thread on can so it's always going to be on there.

I need another EBR NOW!!! Not having one is KILLING me.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
josh said:
My MEGA stuff left a FeEx location in Ft. Worth, Texas about 23 hours ago, according to FedEx. Should be here in a few days. Would have been here sooner, but CWS didn't ship it because my FFL slacked off as usual and didn't fax their signed FFL as told.

Anyways, I found the parts I want to get to add to the build:

Young mfg chrome national match bolt carrier w/LMT bolt - built and staked by the guys over at MSTN.biz

Magpul CTR or UBR - still can't decide

Magpul MIAD basic grip

Israeli made TDI K grip styled after the MP5 KDW grips for the foregrip. CAA makes some.

Still need a barrel. Trying to find a 12.5" or so barrel. I want it to be lightweight, as I don't want a heavy butt rifle. A 10.5" Noveske would be sweet as it would not stick out the end of the LaRue rail - only the suppressor would. And my suppressor is a thread on can so it's always going to be on there.

I need another EBR NOW!!! Not having one is KILLING me.

I knew I should have become a fly boy with all that flight pay...
Looks to be an awesome plinker... :wink:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My MEGA upper receiver package, and complete lower w/stag lpk came in today. Here it is pictured with my EOTech 553, and LaRue 11.0" ff rail with TD rails and Magpul ladder rail covers. Nothing like having $1,300 worth of crap that is useless without the rest of the stuff needed.
It's torture.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Awwwwwww poor baby... Shut your pie hole. :wink: Looks very nice cant wait to see them together, that is IF you ever get ALL the NECESSARY parts in...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morgan Walker said:
Awwwwwww poor baby... Shut your pie hole. :wink: Looks very nice cant wait to see them together, that is IF you ever get ALL the NECESSARY parts in...

Son of a...
Thread title has been edited for accuracy.

I'm talking with a few dealers right now to find out who can build me an SBR upper quickly. Oh and you'll see it soon, damn it. Might sell my G19 to speed things along.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Patience grasshopper, good things come to those who wait....

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I couldn't agree more, I cant wait to see him put that beast together...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
LoL......Brother Josh........You have less patience than I my friend....lol So far so awesome Josh! Cant wait to see the entire build! I am still trying to figure out were you and Morgan get all this money??? I am thinking you guys are pimps or something......lmfao

Morgan Walker said:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Tic, Toc... Tic, Toc... I am not getting any younger you know, let get on with it Josh...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
finalfusion said:
LoL......Brother Josh........You have less patience than I my friend....lol So far so awesome Josh! Cant wait to see the entire build! I am still trying to figure out were you and Morgan get all this money??? I am thinking you guys are pimps or something......lmfao

[quote name='Morgan Walker']Awwwwwww poor baby... Shut your pie hole. :wink: Looks very nice cant wait to see them together, that is IF you ever get ALL the NECESSARY parts in...
[/quote]

For $100.00 an hour, you can most anything you want with her... She just needs beer and she is ready and willing...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
But she has a very jealous boyfriend, so watchout for this guy... He's a pretty good shot with that damned thing too.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
LMFAO
Awesome....lmao How did the campin trip go Morgan?

Morgan Walker said:
But she has a very jealous boyfriend, so watchout for this guy... He's a pretty good shot with that damned thing too.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts