MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have fired my AR15T a 1000+ rounds. The best I was able to get from the bench was 1.5" groups. I decided to replace the 7 pound trigger with a JP Trigger. The results were outstanding. 1/2" and under groups are now the norm.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
nice, grats

I use a RRA stg 2, and it is real good. How does your new trigger feel?

·
Registered
176 Posts
S&WM&PAR15T said:
Have fired my AR15T a 1000+ rounds. The best I was able to get from the bench was 1.5" groups. I decided to replace the 7 pound trigger with a JP Trigger. The results were outstanding. 1/2" and under groups are now the norm.

Did you go with the lighted hammer too? Did you install the parts yourself?

·
Site Staff
9,612 Posts
Did you get the drop in fire control group, or the trigger kit you have to install and adjust yourself? I've got the do it yourself version in my AR set up for prairie dogs, the drop in wasn't available at the time.

F

·
0 Posts
S&WM&PAR15T said:
I purchased just the trigger. The trigger kit came with 2 DVD's. The stock trigger broke clean at 7#'s. The new trigger broke at 3#'s.
===

So now you have a great target AR correct? :wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yesterday 11/4 I had the chance to shoot the S&WM&PAR15T at a range that offered distances out to 600 yards. Supported from the bench using American Eagle 63gr Soft Points. Shooting at 200 yards. See attached photo for the results. What a difference the trigger makes.

*Edit- That was a 25 shot group

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nice shooting...

·
Registered
83 Posts
S&WM&PAR15T said:
Yesterday 11/4 I had the chance to shoot the S&WM&PAR15T at a range that offered distances out to 600 yards. Supported from the bench using American Eagle 63gr Soft Points. Shooting at 200 yards. See attached photo for the results. What a difference the trigger makes.

what sight were you using? also mind showing a pic of your set up with some details? im trying to turn my M&P15 into a varminit gun/plinking gun. thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
S&WM&PAR15T said:

Lucky, the longest distance around here is 100 yds, and it is about 45 to 50 minutes from me. I wish there was a longer distance range around Houston...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I quickly mounted a Leupold VX-III 3.5x10 I had to remove the Troy Sights. I just couldn't find rings high enough to keep the Troy Sights on. The weather was ideal for shooting. No wind, Temp. 65 . It's pretty much a stock AR15T with a JP Trigger. I did have a bipod. I really wish Stoney Point would make a bipod shooting stick that would mount directly to the picatinny rail.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Very nice shooting! I sure am glad you didn't say you were using the stock, steel sights! I was having trouble seeing the bullseye out to 50yds. I can't imagine trying to hit something out that far w/o magnification.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts