MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Springfield Armory 1911A1 that I bought back in the 80s that I just love. The predecessor to the Mil-Spec. It needed a little smith TLC on day-1 to get it feeding reliably but it hasn't had one failure of any kind since. I've always been pretty darn accurate with it at the ranges that I practice, but all this M&P talk and waiting and waiting and waiting on my M&P to finally get here got me antsy. So I picked up a trigger scale in anticipation of the new M&P and a trigger job for it. So what the heck I tried it on my Springer - 6.5lbs!!! It went in the shop on Saturday and today came back a changed 1911 with a sweet 3-3/4lb trigger. I'm so jazzed I might take him a couple more of my pistols.

BTW: While I was there I checked out new 1911s. Just for fun. I can't afford another until early next year. The TRP that I molested last time still felt nice in my hand but the S&W Performance Center PC1911 felt so much better with its higher grip. Strangely enough the bone stock SW1911 they had sitting brand new on the shelf had a better trigger than either. It was love at first squeeze.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts