MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine this morning(Black without safety) and shot approx.200 rns.Very accurate and no malfunctions of any kind.Plan to carry off-duty.

·
Registered
264 Posts
All you guys who have bought them officially suck
I think my local dealers have me on call blocking based on my almost daily calls asking to see if their shipment has arrived. I may have to branch out as far as Houston to see if anyone in TX has one.

Congrats on the purchase, and enjoy. Hopefully I will be in the 45 club soon.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
New M&P45

Well I made it to the range this afternoon with my new M&P45. I shot 100 roungs of Winchester Target/Range 230 gr FMJ's without a hitch.
Everything about the pistol operated flawlessly, the sights were right on, the gun was very comfortable in my hand, (I installed the small backstrap which worked best for my smallish hands) the manual safety was within easy reach and recoil wasn't bad. As a matter of fact It's not much different than the 40. The gun is so well balanced you don't really notice it's slightly increased size.

Here's a funny: I shot it better than the M&P40 today and this is my first 45. The trigger is stiff and heavy, but hopefully after it gets several hundred rounds through it it will soften and smooth out (the 9c and 40 have improved signifigantly). If not a little inexpensive trigger work will take care of it.

All in all.....I think it's going to be a great gun and a lot of fun.

Regards,

Jim

·
Registered
210 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday....won't get to shoot it till nxt week. I did notice the heavier trigger. Swapped out the firing Pin Safety for one polished by Dan......big difference! Now I just need to shoot it some before deciding on whether to adjust the trigger pull.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So did I

About three weeks ago, I stopped in my local gun store and saw the M&P 45, I decided I liked it, and wanted to buy it. I paid the gun store owner, When I opened the box in the gun shop the last time before I left with it, I noticed that it came with trijicon night sights. He charged me for one with regular sights, I told him (no need to screw over the little gun store owner trying to make an honest living), he looked, and said shiz, sure does, well I didn't order it like that, and preceeded not to charge me for the sights. It sure made my day, i paid $550 total for a gun worth 675. Turns out, the model number is consistent with one that does not have night sights. That was a pretty nice fluke.

Beretta 92fs, M&P45, Ruger 22/45 MKIII hunter,

M-4 carbine (14-1/2 /w pinned comp, two tone

duracoat with all the goodies), remington 11-87

tactical, savage 10fp .308, ar in an SDM layout

floated with a krieger, bushmaster 9mm pistol,

yugo sks, thats about it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts