MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Versacarry Double-ply belt with holster deal for about $50, and am surprisingly pleased with the quality!

Worn it a week now and the belt is very sturdy and the free OWB holster holds a mag and my shield 9 PC nicely.

What other belts do you like?
Considering getting a steel core soon and I may need a dress belt soon too.

http://bit.ly/2OUgrft

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I’ve been using a Bushido Tactical belt daily for the last several years that I prefer over anything else that I’ve ever owned, which includes some pretty high $$ custom leather belts.

The BT belt is still as solid and droop free as the day I got it.

https://www.bushidotactical.com/product-category/tactical-belts/

It’s the edc/shooter/instructor belt.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've been carrying since 1992, so its safe to say I've used a belt or two through the years.
About 4 years ago a friend got a new belt and wouldn't shut up about it, so I tried one. They are extremely stiff (pants look like a windsock when you take them off) so it really helps carry the weight of your gear. I will say this is the best belt I've used.

They are expensive but have a lifetime warranty.

Ares gear - Aegis Enhanced belt.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
When I belt carry, and that is not very often, I use a Liger. I far prefer off body carry or a shoulder holster.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Wilderness Tactical double stitch is what I like...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Galco instructor's belt, only because it's what I have, (and I got it for nothing).

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Has anyone tried anson belts? What's the big difference with ccw belts vs traditional belts?
On a good gun belt there’s no sag from the weight of the gun when worn. My gun belts can’t be bent from side to side (top to bottom when holding the belt horizontally) when holding them in my hands.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have used the SuperBio Belt by Daltechforce for years. I believe the webbing material of the belt is the same (or very similar) as weight belts used by scuba divers. It has no problem holding up pistols/mags. Plus, the holes for the buckle are spaced at 1/2 inch instead of one inch, so if you are at an "in-between" size, like I tend to be, it won't be too tight or too loose.
It's covered in some sort of coating that is supposed to simulate leather. It's not going to fool anyone, but it's OK for EDC.
It can be a little stiff, but like Rick M said, that's what you want, right?
Thanks,
Apache67

·
Registered
13 Posts
For leather, my all time favorite is Mean Gene Leather’s Victory Aegis with its infinite adjustability. It’s like a leather work of art. It’s a bit stiff at first, but it loosens up after wearing. It easily holds the weight of my fullsize 1911. My only complaint is that it’s a bit thick, making threading leather holster slots difficult.

For synthetic, I really like the Mastermind Pro for IWB. It’s flexible enough for a more comfortable IWB carry, but it doesn’t work too well for OWB carry of heavier 1911s. I’m still searching for a better synthetic belt for OWB carry, but for now Liberty Belts and Klik Belts work decently enough.

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
103 Posts
I'm in the look for a new carry belt as I have gained 3-4 inches & new am in the last hole of my High Noon
Going with some type of instructor belt with infinite adjustment & I'll call it my "Eatin Belt"
I like the look of the Wilderness Blackhawk & Galco but there are so many of the polymer/velcro style/types with metal/polymer buckles
Give Me some name brands & I will be in the look soon as my current one will have to be replaced OR Loose some weight which I would hope too BUT Thanksgiving is coming & already have a Turkey in the refrigerator We bought today @ 49 cents a pound 15 days early so it will get ate up early.. YUMMY!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
There’s a bunch of different kinds of synthetic adjustable belts. Some use the Cobra buckles, which are really convenient for re-buckling and unbuckling, but can be kind of bulky and thick. There’s also a trick to threading them through your pant belt loops, but it’s easy to figure out. These are a few that come to mind:

Klikbelts.com

A leather option using adjustable buckle:

I found the Victory Aegis to be really convenient, but it’s also a bit thick like the Cobra buckle. The thickness doesn’t bother me, but it might bother others, though.

There are also the kind that just use velcro or loops and hooks if you don’t like the thickness of Cobra buckles. Here are a couple examples:

One thing about the Volund’s G-hook is that it can be a bit difficult threading holster slots through the belt’s loops.

A leather velcro option:

There are quite a few others I’ve read about in other forums I haven’t tried that have gotten pretty good reviews, too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts