·
Registered
1,133 Posts
So... about them pictures...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is now.....lol. Here I am gonna post some pics of the brown one...please tell me how to do it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry about the glare on these bad boys, I assure you the finish is not that reflective (nor is it completely flat) another paint guy and I mixed the OD and THIS (?) and did two 9mm full size guns. The OD is still drying, it is the real pretty one (with new crimson trace installed) and I will post pics when it is done. Someone like yukonglocker or another off the forum who I can find out how to do great post from would be nice to learn from on this. It's hard to see but the gun in the image has a polished barrel and trigger job....I love it. It's going to be re-done a hair lighter but not to a coyote tan or sand...I want to be different.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Let me give you a little advice on photos on the internet.

To make any sense out of the photos you really need to size them for viewing on a computer monitor, your photos are 2304x1728, they should be no larger than 800x600, that's about 1/3 the size of the files you have online now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
the sheen is the only fault I can see with it, it looks very good.

To get a flat look,

Try experimenting with as much reducer (thinner) as you can get away with. Carefully heat up the surface with a heat gun or hairdryer as you spray coats, and try to jack up the air pressure.

Good luck. :wink:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That looks like burnt-orange to me... but for some reason, it looks WAY to glossy in the pictures for my taste, though it is nice. Good job.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really didn't want the flat look, I kinda wanted what I got....just a tad lighter...but not coyote.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
koumiss45 said:

Just in time for Halloween how cute

J/K it is always nice to see alternatives a little too shiny

1 - 20 of 25 Posts