MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! First I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for all of the information you have provided here. I've spent many hours reading through posts and it made my decision to go w/ the S&W MP series much easier!

I am recently married and my wife and I have a 17 month old daughter, so home protection became an immediate priority for me --especially given the rash of home invasions in the metro Atlanta area where we reside. A friend of mine owns a S&W Sigma .40 and after a trip to the range w/ his gun I began to look into S&W products (yes I actually liked shooting the Sigma). Well, to make a long story short, afte much research and price comparison I decided on the M&P pistols. I ordered the 9mm and .40 caliber from Shooters in Jacksonville, FL and got a SCREAMING deal. All total w/ shipping and tranfer fees I came out just under $890 not including the $50 (x2) rebate....so at the end of the day I will be under $800 "all in"

Just picked the pistols up yesterday and plan on taking them out to the range this weekend (can't wait). Thoroughly cleaned them both last night and I am very impressed w/ the build quality and ergos of the guns. I have not owned a handgun in over 10 years and, I must say, things have changed ALOT since then! So far i am in love w/ both and no regrets whatsoever about my purchase. So, I just wanted to thank you all and let you know that S&W has another convert.

Now I am looking for a comfortable, leather IWB holster that I can use for daily carry. Again, I will be using these forums for research. Thanks again and stay safe!

CK

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
449 Posts
You picked a nice set! Congratulations on your early Christmas gifts to yourself. Enjoy the first range trip, and let us know how you liked it!

Welcome to the site

·
Registered
673 Posts
8) Mr Kane, a wealth of info here for sure... Somtimes too much to get though in one sitting :!: :roll:

Have a good time out at the range.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Would you mind breaking down the $890 into how much for each pistol, shipping, transfer fee, etc.

I'm in the market for a new M&P9 and the best online deal I've found is $399 + $25 shipping + $30 FFL xfer fee.

Thats $454 all said and done, and it sounds like you've made a better deal with them considering their online price is $470 for the M&P 9, 40, and 45.

Since I'm in Florida, if a better deal could be had here, I'd be interested.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cet said:
Would you mind breaking down the $890 into how much for each pistol, shipping, transfer fee, etc.

I'm in the market for a new M&P9 and the best online deal I've found is $399 + $25 shipping + $30 FFL xfer fee.

Thats $454 all said and done, and it sounds like you've made a better deal with them considering their online price is $470 for the M&P 9, 40, and 45.

Since I'm in Florida, if a better deal could be had here, I'd be interested.

Thanks much!

No problem. Here is a breakdown:

Guns - $419 each from Shooters

+ Shipping - $25 combined - if you are near JAX you may be able to save on this cost

+ Transfer Fee - $25 combined (I love my FFL
)

= $888 before S&W rebates

- $100 Mail-in rebate

= $788 Total

I did not include the "value" of the 4 free mags in the above equation....but you get the picture. $454 sounds like a good deal to me, especially when you factor in the $50 rebate
. Good luck on your purchase!

Thanks for the welcome everyone....I will definitely let you all know how my range trip goes

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks much!

Trip up to Jax would cost a bit more, so I'll go with a local FFL ... harder and harder to find in Central Florida ... all the storefronts want to sell to you so they raise the FFL fees to $50 or outright refuse to do a transfer if they stock or can get the handgun.

Out of curiosity, if a newly purchased handgun is sent directly to Burwell, Bowie, etc. for a trigger job, can they send it to us directly, or do they have to send it to an FFL as well?

Just thinking outside the box.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
cet said:
Out of curiosity, if a newly purchased handgun is sent directly to Burwell, Bowie, etc. for a trigger job, can they send it to us directly, or do they have to send it to an FFL as well?

Still has to be sent to an FFL so they can do the background check and the official transfer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone is curious I just ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck for the M&P's. After reading some great reviews I decided to give it a try.

Next stop...the range!

CK

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts