MP-Pistol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In June of this year, I ordered a IWB holster from K & D Company for my new S & W M &P 40C. They told me it would be 8-10 weeks turnaround time. Today, I called Kevin to inquire about the status of my order. He told me thay were going to start production on it in 10-12 days and it would take 3 or 4 days to make it. I asked him if they had changed there turnaround time on his website which was 8-10 wks when I placed the order, and he said they had, now its 14 to 16, I said that was misleading, and he Said, I'm going to cancel your order because of your attitude. Possibly! but--- 3 months down the drain!!!! All I'm trying to point out here is, IF, you call K & D to check on the status of your order, be very sweet talking, and polite SIR or Your cancelled!!!
[/quote]

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Many member here, and on other boards, have had great experiences with Kevin and K&D.

I have to wonder what the whole story is here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm not sure what happened, but I placed an order with K&D a few months ago (I received it already) and Kevin was really helpful. Actually, I made several inquires about my order and they were extremely polite.

Kevin is a great guy and his product was top notch. Maybe you just caught him on a bad day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered a K&D Cochise Defender for my 9c from them 6/16/07 and was told 10 weeks but still haven't recieved it. I forgot about it until I read your post. If it's 14 weeks that's cool, but if he doesn't send it, it won't bother me either.

PP

·
Registered
348 Posts
uhm, I own MANY of his holsters, he has always been a gentleman to deal with, and I am on 6 months for a set of CUSTOM grips....

he has very exacting standards. told me so many times.

he also custom made me a holster that works around surgical incisions and scar tissues.

i have NEVER had a problem, and have a holster on his web site that is a custom order (with the LE logo and the M&P in it).....

i would have to wonder and give Kevin a chance to respond.

in the mean time, I may suggest that a mod lock this thread, until we can get a chance for Kevin to respond to be fair to the parties involved.....

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
He's been contacted and I'm looking forward to his post in this thread.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Looking back on your very first post, I have a pretty good idea of where the problem is;

:?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Karbyen:

As pointed out by other members here, you’re only giving a portion of the story. Let me fill in the rest.

- You placed an order with us on June 27th.

- At the time you placed your order, our turnaround time was quoted to you as 10-12 weeks. (I know that because I’m the one who took your order.)

- The turnaround time was listed on our website as 10-12 weeks. It had been changed/put into effect on June 15th.

In addition, you sent an email to us on September 24th asking the status of your holster order. You called us a mere 15 hours later (according to the date/time stamp on the email) asking us the status of the holster order.

As you may recall, we looked that up for you and indicated to you that we would be starting on your order in approximately 10 days. You asked how long it would take for the holster to be made, and I informed you that it normally takes 3-4 days. You then told me that I “was being misleading by quoting you a turnaround time of 8-10 weeks when you placed the order, and that I had you over the barrel.”

Your implications that I was being less than honest, and the questioning of my integrity, is one thing that will cause me to not do business with you (or any customer).

Some more conversation passed between us and while I was in the midst of telling you that I was going to cancel your order because of your comments and attitude with us on the phone, you hung up on me. I then called you back and told you that I was, in fact, canceling your order. You told me that you were going to get right on the M&P forum and write about your experience, and I replied that I would post a response accordingly.

First, I do not mislead anyone or have anyone over the barrel. To do so would not be a good business practice. I had received no money from you for your order, and your credit card had not been charged for the holster, so you were not being held over the barrel in any sense of the word. You were at liberty during this entire time to check the status of your order, and/or cancel the order for any reason.

Second, when we provide a turnaround time, it is based on a number of factors, any of which can be skewered in an instant. Some of those factors can be easily overcome and not have any real impact; other factors will cause a delay. As I indicated to you in our conversation on the phone, one of those factors was that we had received a large number of orders during the time just prior to receiving yours. It was a number far greater than I realized. In fact, we’ve raised/lengthened our turnaround time two more times since you placed your order. A number of other issues have occurred since the time you placed your order that has caused us to go beyond the turnaround time quoted to you. None of this is done intentionally. If I took on the attitude/work ethic that you imply that I have, I would not be working 7 days a week, 14-16 hours a day, to get you your holster (and those ahead or behind you).

Do I understand your frustration with the extended wait? Yes, I do. I’m certain I would feel some amount of frustration if I were in your shoes. My suggestion to you though would be to not come in the door (literally or over the phone) with the attitude that you did with us and expect a business owner to roll over. Do you have a legitimate complaint that we’ve gone beyond the quoted turnaround time of 10-12 weeks? Yes, you do. Do you have a legitimate complaint that we were intentionally misleading and had you over the barrel? I think not. While we serve at the will of the customer, there is a limit to what that should be. I believe we are very liberal in that sense, and will do everything we can to accomodate the customer and provide them with the best possible holster and experience all the way around.

I wish you the best in finding a holster for your M&P Compact.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Steelshooter said:
Makes me want to buy a K&D holster.

Yeah you're right about that. Good response K-Man! You'll see business from me in the future!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered a K&D Holster on 6/16 and it hasn't arrived yet. Kevin is correct that at the time of the order it was posted as a 10 to 12 week wait. But I knew that Kevin was swamped with orders. I did write him on 9/21 the following email:

Just checking, I believe that when I ordered the holster it was a 10 to 12

week wait. We are almost at 13 weeks so I hope we are getting close. I am

looking forward to putting it to use. Don't get me wrong I know you are

working your butts off. I'm just looking forward to finally getting a quality

holster for carry.

Best wishes,

On 9/24 I received this reply from Kevin:

Thank you for the inquiry regarding the status of your holster order. We

are currently working on orders that were received June 5th - 21st. Your

order (6/16) is part of that group. I would anticipate having it out to you

in the next 7-10 days. We have fallen behind in our quoted turnaround

times, but are making every effort to get back on track.

Thanks again for your order, and your patience. Please feel free to contact

me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kevin

K&D Holsters

I felt that his response was very satisfactory. Now I am just setting back waiting for the holster to arrive so I can put it to use.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My experience with Kevin and his company was entirely positive. I placed an order for two holsters that I had to later cancel. Between the time I ordered and canceled I called several times with questions and then with order changes. He always stopped what he was doing to answer my questions. He also responded to PMs in a timely manner. He was more patient with me than I might have been with other people and I'm a fairly patient person.

I noticed last week that he charged my card and started to process my order. I called him, left him a vm and he returned my call the next day. He has since reimbursed me and the mishap was completely understandable, given the amount of work he has in front of him.

·
Registered
936 Posts
-and the sad part is, this crap caused Kevin to come here and do needless damage control instead of working on orders and keeping his turnaround time down.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My experiences with kevin and K&D have been incredibly good.

I drove him nuts on my order.

But what I received was one of the finest holsters I've ever owned.

I hate long wait times. I'm an instant gratification type of guy.

His work is very nice and I will order again, probably when he gets up to around 6 month back log so I can call him and bug him on a regular basis.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for calling attention to KD. I have got to stop surfing the holster websites-it is starting to cost some major $$ & the wife is getting p*ssed.! Those holsters are beautiful & worth the wait imho.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My experiences have been great. I have not ordered anything yet, but Kevin has gone out of his way to answer any and all of my questions.

·
Registered
132 Posts
olyeller said:
-and the sad part is, this crap caused Kevin to come here and do needless damage control instead of working on orders and keeping his turnaround time down.

Wow, I thought members could post stuff like this to warn other members of possible bad buisinesses. But, to my dismay, because this was someone with whom some here have had great transactions with, the poster was bombarded with criticism. I don't know what happened in this situation, but there are always two sides to every story. Both the poster and Kevin from K&D feel that the other had an attitude during their conversation. Fine. But a response from the buisness man doesn't negate the poster's complaint and this "dog-piling" by some here will discourage others from warning other members in the future. I'm happy that some here have a good relationship with K&D, but you cannot ostracize others here because they've had a different experience than you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.