MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the forum own or have experience with the MK9 stainless steel compact pistols? Am thinking of buying one for concealed carry for self defense purposes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
mk9

no but I like my PM9, some have had problems, my new one has been 100% from the start, thru about 400 rds so far.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a MK9 that I recently sold to fund the purchase of the lighter PM9.

The PM9 has had some teething paints that seem to be resolved on the recent models.

The steel MK9s are known to be very dependable and generally without the problems seen on the PM9s. Mine was VERY accurate and 100% reliable. The only reason I sold it was in favor of the lighter pistol. Other than that, it was perfect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kahr Compacts

I have the PM9 and haven't had any problems.

It is the perfect size for concealed carry in an ankle holster, small of the back or belly band for deeper concealment.

During warmer months when the larger framed handguns can't be easily hidden, the PM9 is great.

Keech

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kahr PM9 SoB Holster

Can anyone recommend a good holster for a PM9 to be worn in the Small of the Back position on the belt, not inside the waistband. (perferably with a thumbbreak)

Thanks.

Keech

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a MK9 and MK40 both are very reliable and they are very easy to carry although a little heavy, but that helps with the recoil on the 40.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a PM9 and T9. Both are very dependable guns after a little break in and some feed ramp work on the PM9. The PM9 with XS Big dot and post in an Akers 1911 White Ligtning snap strap leather holster is my favorite carry rig.

M

·
Registered
36 Posts
We have an MK-9 2003 elite with night sights. It is one of our favorites, although it is a bit heavy. I shot it in an IDPA match. My wife carried it today while working in the back yard. We went the all steel route because we wanted to shoot it a lot. It's been trouble free.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I own a P9 and my wife wants an MK9. She fondled one the other day and fell in love with the feel of it. If you like the feel and can handle it well, by all means. I trust my P9 and the MK9 stainless has a very good rep, even better than the poly's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought it

Bought the MK9 Boxed version which is the stainless with titanium coated black slide- Got a great deal, couldn't resist. Have put over 400 rounds through it-no malfunctions. Still working on accuracy which will come with practice. Love this mini 1911. Great for concealed carry pocket pistol. Thanks for all the positive advice. Love this forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I owned an MK9 for the wife, but only problem was the lack of rounds it would hold, other than that great little pistol.

-----------------

S&W M&P 9mm

Springfield XD9

AR15 M4 A3

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just took this PM9 in on trade, went over the gun completely and installed new springs then stippled the gun. I have shot this thing three times without a hiccup. They are great for concealed carry. You do have to put a few rounds thru the new ones to break them in but after that they are very reliable.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My Dad picked up a PM9 for CCW the same day I got my M&P9c. It's a pretty nice little gun, but I prefer the 9c over it by far.

·
Registered
134 Posts
BoomBoom said:
I just took this PM9 in on trade, went over the gun completely and installed new springs then stippled the gun. I have shot this thing three times without a hiccup. They are great for concealed carry. You do have to put a few rounds thru the new ones to break them in but after that they are very reliable.

They also like lots of lube.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had a PM9 for just over a year - had 2 failure to feed problems using BlacKHills +P JHP's -

I called Kahr - they sent me a new recoil rod/spring that is 1 pound stronger.

My serial number is VC???? - some early models had a problem with the angle of the feed ramp- problem guns were VB???? (I think - its been a while) - Kahr sent me a new barrel anyway.

I replaced the rod/spring and no issues since - so I ended up with a spare barrel.

The PM9 is my main CCW - in a pocket holster - I was planning on getting a PM40 - but I like my M&P40 so much I am leaning towards a M&P9c.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a MK40 I picked of used, I had some worry from some of the stuff I read on the web but the gun has shot great, and I like that it is heavy for its size being that it a 40.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts