MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate it when people do what I'm about to do, and ask about something after buying it, but whatever. If I would've asked first somebody else would've bought it before me. Couldn't risk that!

I just bought a brand new unfired/uncarried Kahr K9 in matte stainless with the following:

Extended 4" ported Kahr barrel

Polished FCG, feedramp, and slide stop lever

2 mags

NIB Galco IWB holster

9mm snap cap

Box o' Speer GD 124gr +p

NIB Agrip

I bought this for my wife, as it's the first damn thing I've been able to find that she thinks is "cute" and is willing to carry. My Dad has two Kahr pistols, but not a K9 so I'm not familiar with it at all. What I'm wanting to know is are things accurate, reliable, and good for a CCW piece for a female who's not a gun nut? It's most likely going to be stuffed into a new purse 90% of the time - with me carrying it on occasion(the gun, not the purse).

I bought it from a lady who just got her FFL and is wanting to take the money and buy C&R crap. Got all of it for $121 less than what Buds wants for a new Kahr K9 delivered - so the price was definitely right.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I recently purchased a Kahr MK40 which is the micro sub-compact version of the K9 with the exception of being chambered in .40 S&W. I was a bit nervous about purchasing a Kahr since I never owned one, but after shooting it at the range, it is now my primary carry piece. The MK40 is dead accurate and the only thing that I have negative to say is that it weighs a ton. The K9 is an all steel pistol which will of course be heavier than polymer pistols but with that aside, they are nice weapons. I really like mine.

Before carrying, be sure to go through the 200-roound break-in process as instructed in the owner's manual. When I put my MK40 through this process, I didn't experience any failures whatsoever, so hopefully you'll enjoy the same luck.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things about Kahrs. I just picked up a used PM9 and love it, but have not put a round through it yet. I will this weekend.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Josh,

I know i'm a little late to the party, but what's the scoop on the K9? I've read lots of good and lots of bad things about Kahr, what'dya think about it??

·
Registered
237 Posts
I posted this in an earlier thread, but I have a P9 that I have had lots of feed problems with. In all

fairness I have not addressed this with Kahr, since I don't carry the weapon for self defense or backup. I don't even know anything about customer service at Kahr.....but as much as I paid for the gun....it should ( read better ) be good!!!!!

The gun does feel awesome though.....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I had some FTF issues with my PM40. After completing the break in I called Kahr - nice folks - and they sent me a fedex lable and fixed it on the first try. Of course I don't shoot it much.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Josh, I carry a k-9 elite every day of my life. The k-9 is just a perfect size pistol for my frame. It maybe a little on the heavy side, but it is very slim and does well for iwb carry. The mags are obviously slim, and ride well in a pocket without bothering you too much. I think this pistol will be great for a lady, because it is steel, and will dampen the recoil compared to a polymer pistol. This pistol also indexes better than any gun I own. It has never malfunctioned ever, period. It maybe the most accurate pistol I own. Kahr says it needs a break-in period and I think this is a stand up thing to say, for a company, but was not needed in my case. I think you will be pleased with your recent buy. If you haven't already, you should look on the Kahr site and see the price increaseses!

P.S. I recently purchased a millet dms-1 scope for my AR, from reading what you and Morgan had to say about it. And also a whole thread on AR-15.com but I trust you guys on this forum. When I get it completed I will post some pics. If you have any tricks for sighting let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts